Join now - be part of our community!

Why Are you OK with not being able to power off your TV

profile.country.GB.title
docbuut
New

Why Are you OK with not being able to power off your TV

I saying that everyone is ok with it faceciouly I'm certainly not ok with it and right now I have a $4000 tv that will only go into standby. We should at least have the option. I have an Andriod Phone that I can most certainly turn completely off. This set is so buggy and I'm wondering if it would actually turn off if it would fix some of the software issues. But my main problem comes from the receiver sending out signals like an I'm here signal while its in standby to my AVR. My AVR has 2 HDMI Outs. One for my Sony and one for my projector. when this thing send the I'm here or whatever on the hdmi it blanks the screen while I'm watching my a movie on the projector. I know this to be true because if I have the tv and the projector on at the same time. It  plays flawlessly. If I unplug the Hdmi from the Sony the projector plays flawlessly. I even plugged in another brand tv and the projector play flawlessly. The only fix I got from sony is to buy a power strip. On a $4000 tv. I will never purchase another Andriod TV if this is standard for this OS. I have the Sony xbr75x940D

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
docbuut
New

I tried disabling the Bravia Sync it has no effect. the fact that at some point in standby the connection goes away and then when it wakes the AVR sees that it is there. I even took the AVR to the repair shop thinking it was something wrong with the AVR. But after I got it back is when my wife said that it may be the Sony since it never turns off. She was right.