Join now - be part of our community!

I Think My Camera May Be Faulty

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
SarahL
New

I Think My Camera May Be Faulty

Hello One and All,

I wad wondering if I could get some help/advice from fellow camera users.

I have a Cybershot camera, bought for me in 2015 by my husband as a wedding present. I got it from the pouch, where it is stored, for the first time in four years yesterday and despite me cleaning both the lens and the flash, there is a black mark which appears on the screen and appears on the photo once it has been taken. When I am fully zoomed out it is blurry but when I am fully zoomed in it is more clear and darker. 

Can anyone tell me what may be wrong? I would not want to replace it but at the same time, I would not like to have to 'rub it out' in photoshop each time I take a photo with it. 

I have attached two photos so hopefully you can see the problem.

Thank you for looking.

20230418_153715.jpg

20230418_153654.jpg

(It's the black blob on the right hand side)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

There is a speck of dust in the sensor.

I have no solution for compact cameras. On interchangable lens cameras you can clean it, but not on compact cameras.

If it had been mine I would have tried to move the dot by passing a vacuum cleaner near the slits of the lens with the camera off. Maybe with the brush attachment.
Paying the utmost attention not to force actions on the moving parts of the camera. It would be a desperate attempt.. you know..

But it's not mine, so I don't know.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

There is a speck of dust in the sensor.

I have no solution for compact cameras. On interchangable lens cameras you can clean it, but not on compact cameras.

If it had been mine I would have tried to move the dot by passing a vacuum cleaner near the slits of the lens with the camera off. Maybe with the brush attachment.
Paying the utmost attention not to force actions on the moving parts of the camera. It would be a desperate attempt.. you know..

But it's not mine, so I don't know.