Join now - be part of our community!

Recommended External Flash for RX10 M4?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Mamyrie23
Explorer

Recommended External Flash for RX10 M4?

I have a Cyber Shot DSC RX10 M4 and purchased an external flash HVL-F20M which is less powerful than I expected. I struggle with lighting and indoor shots. Any thoughts on the 'best' external flash please? The HVL-F43 M flash reads well i.e. superior power. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
danardi78
Expert

Usually (and it's the case) the number on the product name is also the guide number (GN) of the flash.

You can find the exact definition on internet, but here you have to know that it define the "power" of the flash.

Actually you have bought the smallest flash in sony product line, in terms of size AND power: GN20, really low.

If you pass from F20M to F43M you will have the double of the power.

The "standard" for professional use is from GN60 and highter, just to give you a size.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
danardi78
Expert

Usually (and it's the case) the number on the product name is also the guide number (GN) of the flash.

You can find the exact definition on internet, but here you have to know that it define the "power" of the flash.

Actually you have bought the smallest flash in sony product line, in terms of size AND power: GN20, really low.

If you pass from F20M to F43M you will have the double of the power.

The "standard" for professional use is from GN60 and highter, just to give you a size.

profile.country.GB.title
Mamyrie23
Explorer

Many thanks Danardi78! That's what you get for a budget purchase ;o)