Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Support is rubbish

alexph
Explorer

Sony Support is rubbish

Just be aware that if you are buying a Sony product and expect some form of support from them, then don't hold you breath.

Having given them details information on an issue I am having with their software and an HX50, I have simply received a one liner firstly telling me to download software that I had already told them i had downloaded, and then a further one liner saying that their software only supports Apple computers with Intel processors, which of course I knew already and which is good since my computers are Apple with Intel processors.

No attempt was made to actually resolve the problem - and I got the distinct impression that provided their support staff sent a response then that was OK and presumably allows them to meet their targets.

I will happily retract my words if someone bothers to contact me, or if someone resolves the problem, but I am not expecting this anytime soon.

Alex

Alex Hammerstein

10 REPLIES 10
privatedoc
Explorer

Agree ++

I have a wifi problem with their RX100 M2 and the 'support' tells me to download the programs I already have....no attempt to solve issues.......decidely unchuffed!...great product, poor support

It would be very helpful if rather than have a go at Sony in your post you also detailed what was wrong to the community may be able to help.  Personally I cannot fault Sony, they sorted out the issues I had with my DSLR's within seven days and also checked out my lenses to ensure nothing was wrong.

Let us know what is wrong and maybe the community can help!!!???

Si

Life, The Universe and Everything
alexph
Explorer

Hi

I had already psted the issue, but am happy to do so again.  However my complaint in the post was really against the inaine Level 1 responses I received to my email to support, which clearly indicated that the agents concerned had either not read, not understood or simply didn't have an answer, so just sent back a totally inrrelevant response.

To my problem:

I recently purchased as HX50.  One of the features should be to allow a user to transfer images from the camera to a computer by wifi.    I run Apple computers (Intel based iMacs and MacBook Pro's(MBP))  so I downloaded an installed the Wireless Auto Import for Mac software from the Sony site.   The installation process was Ok and when running the setup, the software clearly identified my computer.

When trying to transfer an image from my camera to one of my laptops, although the camera saw and connected to my network SSID and tried to connect to my MBP no images were transferred and in the end the process timed out.

Whilst investigating this issue, I have discovered that the software works perfact on 4 different iMacs, but will not work on any of our MBP's - I have tried it on three different laptops and get the same result - failure.

I have examined the settings, including Firewall and Sharing, on the both the iMacs and Laptops and ensured that they are the same.

The Sony shop where I bought the camera, saw the issue but didn't have an answer, hence my email to Sony support directly.

Having emailed Sony support, it would have been pefectly good for their Level 1 agents to email back and say that they didn't have an immediate asnwe rand were escalating to Level 2, rather than simply emailing back and saying:  Download the software, and The software doesn't support non Intel Mac computers.

It just makes a company look amateurish, and if that is the level of the support, they IMHO it is rubbish.  We shall see as in the meantime, i have spoken to a support technician on a different telephone number, and he has promsied to escalate it to Level 2 and get back to me

Alex

Blogpiper
New

Over the period of the six weeks since its purchase, I have been able to connect my RX100M2 to our PC twice only, and that seemed to be by accident, after disabling AVG security and several subsequent false starts. The PC continues to "see" the camera in the Network folder, but can not connect to it for import of pictures. Wifi connectivity was one of the reasons that I bought the RX100M2 but, so far, I can rate this feature as no better than utterly hopeless. The advice provided by Sony online has been of no help, and the comments of other people about the help phoneline make me feel that there is no point in trying that approach. Please, Sony, pay attention and do something about this problem which is commented on all over the Net.

profile.country.GB.title
straightbanana

I totally agree. I have a problem with my RX100M2, I managed to finally get hold of customer services who gave me a support number and sent me an email to the link of how to have my camera repaired.

The link they sent doesn;t work and there is no way I can see how to book my repair.

Not they will be able to repair the camera as it's a firmware issue. As we all know Sony does not issue firmware updates for their products.

So not good.

I now have to call in again to complain. 

All I want is my money back as this is a waste of my time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Hopefully answered in your original post:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Cyber-shot-compact-cameras/Repair-link/m-p/1435840#M2544

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
straightbanana

Yes and no. Yes my camera is now at SCS but the level of effort to get it there was ridiculous.

When I had my Canon (which was not often), I'd just drop it off in Elstree and it would be a day or two day turnaround. That's it.

Having to book a camera in for repair by trawling for the number online then calling a tech person first to book in a repair and then try to find out if there is a repair centre nearby then be given a number by the Tech Team and Customer services team for a nearby repair centre. I then have to call them to find out that they don't repair Sony cameras only to have to re call and email the Tech Team and Customer services with a complaint to ask for my omney back before I get a response for me to send the camera to Sony Central Services, who claim on their website do not repair my camera in house.

Someone needs to look at how you guys deal with repair bookings more efficiently.

I must totally agree, but I would go further and say they should not be allowed to sell internet radios when they know they dont work and when you inform them thay do nothing about it but make out is is somebody elses problem. I paid an awful lot of money for  a Sony internetvradio that at first worked perfectly but due to some issue thayn have with Vtuner, can nowm onlyb receive very few stations and absolutely nothing I want to listen to. Sony support, well it does not exist, I have more or less been told too bad so sad, we do not want to know about it. All I can do is inform as meny peopleas possible about this experience so as people are aware that if they buy a Sony product there is absolutely no guarantee it will work, and if it doesn't it's just too bad they will do nothing to help. I will never buy another Sony product and I am urging as many people as possible to boycot Sony products until theu learn t0 look after their cutomers.

I must totally agree, but I would go further and say they should not be allowed to sell internet radios when they know they don’t work and when you inform them they do nothing about it but make out is somebody else’s problem. I paid an awful lot of money for a Sony internet radio that at first worked perfectly but due to some issue they have with Vtuner, can now only receive very few stations and absolutely nothing I want to listen to. Sony support, well it does not exist, I have more or less been told too bad so sad, we do not want to know about it. All I can do is inform as many people as possible about this experience so as people are aware that if they buy a Sony product there is absolutely no guarantee it will work, and if it doesn't it's just too bad they will do nothing to help. I will never buy another Sony product and I am urging as many people as possible to boycott Sony products until they learn t0 look after their customers.