Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Support is rubbish

alexph
Explorer

Sony Support is rubbish

Just be aware that if you are buying a Sony product and expect some form of support from them, then don't hold you breath.

Having given them details information on an issue I am having with their software and an HX50, I have simply received a one liner firstly telling me to download software that I had already told them i had downloaded, and then a further one liner saying that their software only supports Apple computers with Intel processors, which of course I knew already and which is good since my computers are Apple with Intel processors.

No attempt was made to actually resolve the problem - and I got the distinct impression that provided their support staff sent a response then that was OK and presumably allows them to meet their targets.

I will happily retract my words if someone bothers to contact me, or if someone resolves the problem, but I am not expecting this anytime soon.

Alex

Alex Hammerstein

10 REPLIES 10
Pysgotwr
Explorer

I was browsing through the forum and saw this title; I agree about poor Sony support.  I have a new Sony camera and although I am familiar with digital cameras and computers and believe I am of reasonable intelligence I could not make sense of the (micro) instruction leaflet and found the on-line manual over complex and giving insructions that did not correspond to what happened on the camera when followed.  

I then went to the so-called support line with a list of questions none of which the rep. could answer without going off to check something, giving me long waits. He could not answer some questions at all so I gave  up and am attempting to find out how to use this expensive equipment by trial and error.  I may have to come back to the forum!