Join now - be part of our community!

Transferring photos from camera to laptop through wi-fi

profile.country.GB.title
Moonraker
New

Transferring photos from camera to laptop through wi-fi

Hello. Could someone please advise me on how to transfer photos, via wi-fi, from my Sony DX100 lll camera to my MacBook Air laptop? I can do this using a USB cable, but do not want to keep installing it and removing it each time. I have tried the suggestions I have found in Google, but none of them work. I have no problem doing so with my iPad, which works well with Imaging Edge, but would prefer to do all my photo editing on the laptop. I have been along to the Apple Store for advice, but was told that they only deal with Apple accessories. I would welcome any advice on this matter.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Theoretically you can follow istructions on your user manual as those https://helpguide.sony.net/dsc/1410/v1/en/contents/TP0000301909.html

Actually Play Memories is no more supported, end I don't know if you can complete the procedure.

The easy way to transfer all images is to connect to a pc as mass storage or to put the flash memory on a proper adapter. In this way you are sure to transfer all original media (also RAW files).

profile.country.GB.title
Moonraker
New

Many thanks. I shall follow your advice and investigate. I really would like to transfer via wi-fi, so that I don't have to keep plugging in and removing cables. I am surprised that Sony have not simplified this, although it does work that way with my iPad.

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Wifi transfer is slow and poor reliable. It’s fhe only way to send to a smartphone or a tablet, but for definitely archive your memories the best is the wired way.

Keep in mind that when you transfer on wifi images can be reduced or converted (from raw to small jpg).

profile.country.GB.title
Moonraker
New

Thank you for telling me that. I did notice that the laptop would only accept .jpg and not raw photos. I did suspect that the only satisfactory way to make a transfer is to use the wired method, which is a bit of a bore, as it does mean installing and then dismantling the cable, or putting the memory card in the adapter.