Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 10 stopped recognising RX100 - please help

Windows 10 stopped recognising RX100 - please help

USB ports and cables work fine with another camera. laptop recognises the other camera.

Same laptop used to recognise this Sony DSC RX100 just fine. It's been a couple of months since I last paired them and now they just won't pair.

Nothing at all happens except the on/off button lights up orange briefly when I connect to laptop with USB cable.

Have gone into camera setting and put USB connection to 'Mass Storage' as per advice elsewhere online.
Have looked for drivers in computer settings - found phone driver, headphones driver etc etc but not this camera.

Tried to download camera firmware update from sony site but it also doesn't find the camera when I try to run it. Repeated attempts, double checking USB etc. Nothing.
Any advice?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Just to focus if the problem is on the camera or on the PC: have you tried to connect the camera in other PC?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you tried downloading Imaging Edge software from the support website for your camera here:-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/compact-cameras-dsc-rx-series/dsc-rx100/downloads