Join now - be part of our community!

WX350 picture problem

profile.country.GB.title
ashworths4
New

WX350 picture problem

All of a sudden my camera is shooting white on my camera screen it looks like it is a blared white picture Is there too much outside light getting through I can still take picture inside and when the outside when light is getting darker Please can anyone help to sort my problem out

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Like all computers your camera can get upset or mixed up or whatever.

First thing to try is a camera reset, a reset to factory settings.

Probably everything will be OK afterwards.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey ashworths4, try the reset and try taking the batteries out for two minutes as well. 

profile.country.GB.title
Christakespics
New

Hi

I have a wx350 and am experiencing a similar problem. The camera works fine from 0 up to 6 times zoom. If I go above 6 times zoom the pictures goes white, as if it's letting in too much light. When it is dark (night time) I can zoom and get good pictures. 

I have tried the advice here about resetting, taking out batteries etc... but the issue remains. 

Does anyone have any further suggestions please?

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Christakespics, have you been facing this issue recently? You can only use the optical zoom while using the Smile Shutter function and when Drive-Mode is set to Self-Portrait. If it's still happening, I'm afraid it means that it developed a hardware issue which requires a repair 😕 Try reaching out to the Sony reps directly

profile.country.GB.title
Christakespics
New

Thanks for the helpful reply Piscie. 

I've tried it in all the different modes, but the problem persists. I'll try to contact a rep directly as you suggest. 

Kind regards 

Chris