Join now - be part of our community!

Apps not working after firmware update

SOLVED

Apps not working after firmware update

Every time my BDV-E190 Blu-ray player does a firmware update it seems that another app stops working!

I've had the BBC iPlayer 'SSL Alarm Display' error for months without a fix:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Home-Cinema-Projectors-Players/BDP-S390-SSL-Auth-error-since-firmware...

The YouTube app stopped working at the same time, but that seems to have been fixed now, but since the most recent update the Demand 5 app won't play any videos and gives the following error message:

"Whoops! The programme you are trying to watch isn't currently available. Please try again later."

(SONYD5-530)

It does this for every programme I've tried, yet the same programmes are available on the PC browser version of Demand 5.

I know that I can do a factory reset and that will probably fix the problems but I don't want to do that because I'll have to re-configure all my audio and network settings and the same thing will happen again in the future. Why can't these updates be tested more thoroughly before they get rolled out?

Current software version: M12.R.0497

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I understand Sony issued a firmware update on the 5/3/14 :

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/sony-bdps-1100-3100-firmware-update-v14r0...

Can you confirm that you have installed this update??

Cheers

Update to version M14.R.0172 for Blu-ray player

Relevant Products

This information is applicable for the following Blu-ray Disc player models:

• BDP-S1100 / S3100

About this download

Updating is simple and with the newest firmware version, you can get even more from your Blu-ray player.

• Name: Blu-ray player firmware to version M14.R.0172
  • Date released: 05/03/2014
  • Benefits and improvements:
    • BRAVIA Internet Video: YouTube Leanback playability
    • Sony Entertainment Network: Opera Apps connectivity
    • BD-ROM playability
  • Restrictions: only for use with Blu-ray players sold in Europe. Not all models are sold in all countries
    Update to version M14.R.0172 for Blu-ray playability

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
adam_tucker
Explorer

I am having exactly the same issue since updating my sony bdv-e2100. Not sure how to resolve this issue and it does not look like Sony bother looking at these boards to deal with these firmware update problems.
WalterTattersall
Explorer

Ive had a BDP S1100 for about 2 months. Most of the Apps within the SEN dont work,the Opera App store has never worked and since about the middle of January Demand5 doesnt work either.  I have contacted Sony support about this and have been asked to reset the player this makes no differance whatsover. 

As for the excuse that Ive seen on other threads saying that as they've only had a few complaints it must be an isolated problem I dont accept that. Just because they havent been inundated with complaints doesn't mean the problem is isolated, it more than likely means that people haven't tried to use these apps or  have just accepted the fact that they dont work 

Why are they allowed to sell machines like this that simply dont do what they claim .

alsy99
Explorer

I also do not have demand 5 on blu ray player! When is trhis going to be sorted please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I understand Sony issued a firmware update on the 5/3/14 :

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/sony-bdps-1100-3100-firmware-update-v14r0...

Can you confirm that you have installed this update??

Cheers

Update to version M14.R.0172 for Blu-ray player

Relevant Products

This information is applicable for the following Blu-ray Disc player models:

• BDP-S1100 / S3100

About this download

Updating is simple and with the newest firmware version, you can get even more from your Blu-ray player.

• Name: Blu-ray player firmware to version M14.R.0172
  • Date released: 05/03/2014
  • Benefits and improvements:
    • BRAVIA Internet Video: YouTube Leanback playability
    • Sony Entertainment Network: Opera Apps connectivity
    • BD-ROM playability
  • Restrictions: only for use with Blu-ray players sold in Europe. Not all models are sold in all countries
    Update to version M14.R.0172 for Blu-ray playability