Join now - be part of our community!

At a loss of whats happening with my setup since buying a new sony bravia

profile.country.GB.title
osiras
Explorer

At a loss of whats happening with my setup since buying a new sony bravia

Hey everyone, new to the forum and need help from professionals.
If i explain my setup first, it may shine some light.

I have sky q 2tb box

Sony 4k Bravia tv (end of 2017 model)

Sony 7.1 surround sound hdmi amp STR-DN1080

The sony amplifier has dual zones. Main zone is in my lounge, the second zone is in my bedroom.

The main zone works perfectly, but the second zone does not seem to work with sky q. If i run the second zone to display from another hdmi port, say my playstation. its works perfectly, but if set it to source or the sky q box, it works for around 10 minutes, then keeps dropping signal. its not watchable

Now heres the complication, if i unplug the new bravia from the amplifer, its absolutely fine. I did not have this problem with my previous tv which was an LG, but the LG wasnt 4k, but the sky q is set to 1080p output anyway. 
The second TV in the bedroom is a 6 month old LG Full HD.

Understand this seems a little random / complicated, but it is the sky q box that is somehow interfering with something, but only since getting the new Bravia. 

any help would be greatly apprecaited

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Just one other idea.... have you set your tv to use advanced hdmi setting for 4k? if so try setting it to normal since in any case you are getting only HD signal....

profile.country.GB.title
osiras
Explorer

Hey, good plan. I will try that when I am back. Of course that does mean the PlayStation Pro won’t be able to show 4k.