Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E4100 connection to PS-LX300

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
gabecooney
Explorer

BDV-E4100 connection to PS-LX300

Hello

I am intending to upgrade my existing Sony Home Cinema system to a new BDV-E4100 Blu Ray system but need to first know if it will in fact allow me to conect my Sony PS-LX300 turntable as in my existing setup. The Sony turntable only has the standard 2 chanel Analog Audio Output on it so I need to know if the BDV-E4100 will support this. 

If someone could please c;larify if this is possible to connect your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Gabe

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Looking at the manual, you would connect your turntable to the RCA inputs (number 5):

BDV-E4100 Rear.jpg

Cheers

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Yes you can utilise the HDMI ports on your TV, and output the TVs sound to the Home Theatre System. 

For a single HDMI connection, your TV needs to have what is called a HDMI-ARC (Audio Return Channel) - this is normally HDMI 1, the ARC port will be labled too. 

If not, you need to also connect an optical cable to the tv (in conjunction with the HDMI)

Have a read of the manual : HERE and see if it suits your requirements.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Looking at the manual, you would connect your turntable to the RCA inputs (number 5):

BDV-E4100 Rear.jpg

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
gabecooney
Explorer

Thank you Quinnicus, you have been very helpful.

May I also ask am I also able to connect additional boxes direct to the TV ie Sky or BT Vision and still utilise the home cinema system as I'm concerned it has only one HDMI port whereas the TV has 4.

Gabe

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Yes you can utilise the HDMI ports on your TV, and output the TVs sound to the Home Theatre System. 

For a single HDMI connection, your TV needs to have what is called a HDMI-ARC (Audio Return Channel) - this is normally HDMI 1, the ARC port will be labled too. 

If not, you need to also connect an optical cable to the tv (in conjunction with the HDMI)

Have a read of the manual : HERE and see if it suits your requirements.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
gabecooney
Explorer

Very helpful Quinnicus

Thank you again.

Gabe