Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E780W Blu-ray player died, anyone else experienced it?

patlas
New

BDV-E780W Blu-ray player died, anyone else experienced it?

I got a home-cinema system BDV-E780W and it has been working fine for the 2,5 years I had it. Recently tough I turned it on and pushed "eject" on the remote and the Blu-ray player just went black. Nothing I have done seems to fix this and I have tried pulling the power plug for a night and also disconnecting all cables but nothing has made it start again. Its totally dead.

Anyone had this issue with this product? 2,5 years is a very short lifespan for a product of this type and right now Im not happy about it.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Is there any power getting to the bluray player at all?

Cheers

patlas
New

It was completely black so I think no, yet Im 100% sure that the power cord was connected and working. But I havent done any readings on it since I dont have that equipment atm.

I tried pulling all the cables before but now I also removed the wireless transceiver(model EZW-RT50) and all of the sudden my blu-ray player managed to start. Really strange, what can be the cause of this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

That I cannot explain at the moment.  Is it still working correctly when you place the wireless transmittter back?

patlas
New

It worked when I placed it back but stopped working again soon after. After that removing the transmitter had no effect to help start up the device, seems its kinda random when it works or not. So its still a mystery and the conclusion above was too hastily drawn.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, more than likely a coincidence.

The only thing I can really suggest is to contact an authorised Sony Repair agent to get this fixed.