Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-N590

v_forty
New

BDV-N590

Evening all

I've recently bought a BDV-N590, to replace an aging Sony DVD recorder/5.1 system. Overall, very pleased with it - well worth the money. However, I have two questions.

Upon start up, there is a quiet (but noticable) high pitched buzz sound (seems to be louder from the rear speakers). It's not really noticable when listnening to something, but when scrolling through menus etc. is a little bit irritating. Is it normal, or does it indicate a fault?

Also, I have a Nokia Lumia 925 (Windows Phone 😎 and have used the Nokia Play To app to stream music to other devices- but although it recognises the Sony as a 'player' it can't stream content successfully. The phone connects, and TV screen shows the track name/artist but I always get a message that the file cannot be played. Has anyone successfully used any other DNLA app to stream music?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to the N590 high pitch buzz - That doesnt sound right (if you pardon the pun).  Firstly check your speaker connections, ensure that they are correct and secure.  Other than that, as its new, id probably get an exchange if I was you (as that would certainly annoy me).

In regards to the Nokia Playto - Unfortunately I have no idea im afraid.  I have used various DLNA servers to stream content to my TV over the time, Some can be fiddely to setup though. 

Cheers