Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S1100 iplayer 'no documents found'

Jeejayr
New

BDP S1100 iplayer 'no documents found'

Help! iPlayer has been working fine till a few days ago, now it just says 'no documents found'. I've tried resetting etc, switching off router etc but nothing. Based UK, all software up to date... HELP!
Tags (3)
64 REPLIES 64
zaphodbebblebrox
Explorer

Well it seems that this is a recurring problem from what i have discovered from various sites, as my bbc iplayer has now failed to work saying no documents found, and it was working fine at tea time as my grandson was watching milkshake on it.

And as for the opera tv store that hasn't worked since i did a network upgrade when i bought the blue ray player 3 weeks ago, and don't get me started on SEN!

I have reset everyting and rebooted everything, and still nothing, i thought being a network engineer with 2 degrees in computing , this would be easy but no.

Evverything else works fine, demand 5, netfliks, lovefilm, crackle etc if i can't get this sorted then  i'm afraid it's going back for an exchange and if it happens again i will be replaceing it with a different make i thought sony where a good brand they always used to b

COME ON SONY PULL YOUR FINGER OUT !!!!!

Tags (1)
richyt456
New

I have a BDP S-5100. Had it one month and also stopped working over the last couple of days.

Loads a white screen on iplayer and wont connect to SEN.

Do Sony have any suggestions on this issue?

Neilgreen_uk
Explorer

Exact same issue as Jeejayr just happened today. Tried reset etc to no avail. 2 month old unit.. What's going on ?
cornbarn
Explorer

Same problems with my BDP S3100.
Neilgreen_uk
Explorer

20/09/13 07:23 UK Time - Email sent to support - will post response if / when received.

Hi,

I received this device as a gift 2 months ago, it has the latest firmware installed and has been factory reset to try and resolve the issues already.

1. Opera Apps

On the specification page on your web site it states that Opera Apps are not supported and when I try accessing it a message is displayed showing 'not supported' however within community.sony.co.uk many users state they have been using Opera Apps on this device and when they have started receiving this message they believe the device to be broken. Should I be able to access Opera Apps ?

2. iPlayer

Untill 2 days ago this worked perfectly. Now it shows a no documents found error and then a page cannot be found web page error.  Demand 5 works so the internet connection is not at fault. Within community.sony.co.uk it seems I am not the only person to experience this.
How can I fix this ?

3. ITV Player.

Will itv-player ever be supported on this device or has my wife bought me an out of date/no longer supported device ?

Thanks for your time.

pengipete

Same thing here.

BDP S1100 (provided by Lovefilm to replace an LG one that will lose the LF app in October)

Received an OTA update last week and since then, have been unable to access BBC iplayer or BBC News.

I have tried resetting the box and leaving it unplugged over night etc.

(I can also confirm what others have said - half the apps on this thing don't work anyway - can't even connect to operaTV or Accuweather)

jamroth
New

I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only one experiencing this.

NetFlix, LoveFilm and Demand5 are working fine.

thwing1
Explorer

Me too - please can we get some help Sony?
jasonvine
Explorer

And me. Have just sent a message to Sony SEN's twitter account to let them know.

Looks like they have a planned outage on Wednesday to do some upgrades so it might be related?