Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-N7100W random input problem, detection looping

SOLVED

BDV-N7100W random input problem, detection looping

I recently bought the Sony home cinema BDV-N7100W.
I have connected our PVR-device (ADB 5812 PVR) to the HDMI1 input.

Almost all the time, the input signal is detected, then blacks out, then detected again, blacks out, and it loops like this forever..

Only solution is to re-plug the power-cable. Then it works. Until next time I switch on the system from standby mode. Or, actually, the problem might occur after playing av DVD-movie and I switch back to the HDMI1 signal.

Seems like the N7100W not always appreciate the input signal. Why is this?
Please note that this occurs randomly (every 2 or 3rd time we watch TV), and more now than a week ago, it seems..

Here is a movie showing the problem.

http://youtu.be/YLy4vCjvzU0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just getting an understanding of the setup:

• N7100W > HDMI > TV (Unknown model) connected to ARC channel?
  • PVR > HDMI > N7100W

Is it only the PVR connected to the N7100W that is causing the problem?

What happens when you connect the PVR to the TV itself, and then output the audio from the TV to the N7100W?  If that works, I am still going on a signal compatibility issue betwen the PVR and N7100W. 

It "could" be an issue with the CEC functions of the PVR?  Ensure that the CEC functions are disabled on the PVR itself, Or alternatively there is an adaptor (such as THIS) that you can add to the HDMI cable to disable Pin 13 of the HDMI cable (which is the CEC functions).

Thats all I can think of to be honest.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Looking at the video footage (thanks by the way), it seems to indicate a signal issue.  The first thing to do, is replace the HDMI cable, and ensure that you get HDMI 1.4

Also ensure that you have the latest firmware update : HERE

I would also probably do a factory reset of the unit too, just in case there are any gremlins as such

Cheers

Hi and thank you for quick reply.

I forgot to say that I have upgraded the firmware, and also factory reset a couple of times.

But, i tried 3 different HDMI cables, but not sure if they are 1.4 - maybe that is the issue..

Thanks a lot, I will post if this solves the problem.

Todays update is that HDMI 1.4 cable did not fix the problem.

Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just getting an understanding of the setup:

• N7100W > HDMI > TV (Unknown model) connected to ARC channel?
  • PVR > HDMI > N7100W

Is it only the PVR connected to the N7100W that is causing the problem?

What happens when you connect the PVR to the TV itself, and then output the audio from the TV to the N7100W?  If that works, I am still going on a signal compatibility issue betwen the PVR and N7100W. 

It "could" be an issue with the CEC functions of the PVR?  Ensure that the CEC functions are disabled on the PVR itself, Or alternatively there is an adaptor (such as THIS) that you can add to the HDMI cable to disable Pin 13 of the HDMI cable (which is the CEC functions).

Thats all I can think of to be honest.

Thank you, will check for this. Your setup-description is correct, it is Panasonic TV.

There is only problem from DVR to 7100.

I have not checked the "routing audio back" option you suggest.

The CEC trouble you describe, shouldnt that be permanent if that was the cause? This problems happens more and more, and right now, it seems to occur after 7100 waking up from sleep-mode. 

Only poweroff hardboot helps.

I will keep posted my results.

Thank you for your help and suggestions, great!!