Join now - be part of our community!

Home Theater Control on Sony Bravia Android TV.

profile.country.GB.title
markinapub
New

Home Theater Control on Sony Bravia Android TV.

I’m looking to replace my aged Sony 5.1 Home cinema system with a neater soundbar option. Recently purchased a Sony Bravia KD-49XE8005 and apparently it has Home Theater Control that isn’t compatible with my old Sony system.

the Tv recommends compatible items, but they’re all end of line items too so I’m struggling to find out what will actually work with it! 

I don’t fancy going to eBay for an old second hand unit to make this function work. Is there a list of up to date Home Theater Control compatible soundbars?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Whitewing
Explorer

Hi,

I have to ask why you are ditching the 5.1 for a soundbar?

Are you doing this to save space?

I went down this route a few years ago as my wife wanted me to ditch the very large speakers I had placed around the living room. After agreeing to buy a soundbar we did quite a bit of testing the different soundbars at various retail outlets. We were both very dissapointed with the terrible sound and opted not to go down this route. Later we came across a set up at Ritcher Sounnds using a Sony STR 1050 amp with Cambridge fluid speakers and a sub. The sound is fantastic considering such small speakers. I would say go and listen to some sound bars before comitting to parting with any cash. I dont think you will be happy with the sound after having a 5.1 system.