Join now - be part of our community!

HT CT260 Sound issues

suheni
New

HT CT260 Sound issues

Hi all

I just recently purchased this system and it is connected by optical direct to my television.

However over the last 10 days (I've only had it less than 3 weeks), whilst watching recorded programmes on sky plus I've noticed the sound dropping. So, midway through Lord of The Rings, during a conversation the actors voices will drop and sound all tinny for a few seconds, and then suddenly come back to normal.  I'm thinking there's obviously a problem but I'm not sure whether it's the connections, the soundbar or what.  Help please!

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I guess what you need to do is a little more testing, this is to either confirm that its a CT260 issue or simply a Sky issue.  Try feeding other sources to the CT260.  For example: using a bluray/DVD player or see if it occurs using Freeview.

Cheers

suheni
New

Hi

I have done some more testing and it seems to be anything I watch (including DVD's and normal TV) the sound seems to drop.  It sounds almost like the bass goes and I'm just left with tinny voices.  I suppose this means there's a fault with the soundbar....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its looking that way unfortunately im afraid.  I have no suggestions either other than speaking to the retailer you purchased it from.

carlguile
Explorer

Hi Suheni

This isnt a unique fault to your soundbar, it seems to be a fault with the whole HTCT260 line. Have a look at this thread, lots of people with the same problem. Getting very frustrated at the lack of a response from Sony from what is clearly a severe fault which everyone is experiencing

http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/HT-CT260-Sound-Issues/td-p/45693

Ike369
New

I have this issue too. I'm currently trying with the option 'Audio' off, and it seems to be better. However, like mentioned, you lose the surround sound quality. If this is the only way to solve the issue, I think I will return the soundbar. But as this seems to be the solution, I would expect Sony to be able to deliver a software update to solve it. So please Sony, check this and help your customers or sales of this soundbar will decrease.

Thanks in advance

redruss19
New

I have exactly the same problem, with my Sky+ HD box via HDMI cables or my blue ray player with optical cable. Sound dropping out and going all tiney intermittently. New 1.4 HDMI cables made no difference, and I have also found turning the surround sound off works, but that is not what I bought it for, I wanted the surround sound for movies. I took it to a Sony repair centre, and they had the sound bar for 6 weeks, eventually replicated the fault and changed the main PCB and WL PCB. Got it back on Saturday, all OK to start with, then the intermittent sound drop out again. Not impressed!