Join now - be part of our community!

HX820 & BDV-EF1100 Hdmi Arc ?

SOLVED
nikkakog

HX820 & BDV-EF1100 Hdmi Arc ?

Merry Christmas everybody,

I've connected the ef1100 to hdmi1(arc) on the hx820 ,according to the manual should listen the sound from the tv to the speakers of the ef1100 without the need of an optical cable .

Hdmi comtrol is enabled on both devices ,the hdmi cable is 1.4v ,whats wrong then ?needs another setting somewhere ?

I get sound from the ef1100 speakers only when optical cable is connected between the devices.

Any tip ?

24 REPLIES 24
nikkakog

Please do so ,

swapped the hdmi cables around ,no success ,

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Done :slight_smile:

Baring in mind that its the weekends etc... So hopefully next week someone will be in-contact with you.  Just ensure that your contact details have the correct information in your account settings.

Cheers

nikkakog

Thank you so much but probably will not be necessary as i ...

,today  gave it another try ,disconnected all and then connect the sat box 2 which i had problem loosing sound from the BDV-Ef1100 cause of communication failure as i wrote above ,

Guess what ? worked fine,system audio was on and bravia sync enabled
,then connect the wd live hub ,switched between the devices ,all perfect ..

last i connect the sat box 1 which was the only device that worked with bravia sync before and ...

..now the communication failure appeared again ,i got you haha ..

,plugged the Lindy adapter on ,and all is working now as it should ..

i have bravia sync with all devices and system audio runs automatic when i turn the on the BDV-EF1100 ,without any optical cable on :slight_smile: ,iam glad also that the cost for the Lindy's adapter was not for nothing ..

My friend Quinnicus thanks again for all the support !

One question more ,i saw a new Sony product very interesting and iam curious if i can add it to my system and make working together with BDV-EF1100 and my setup ,

is the HT-XT1 all in one sound system ,what you think ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nikkakog I am really really REALLY glad that you have now sorted this issue out.  Thank you for the update, and I will try and cancel the Support request.  Just 1 device hey, and all goes haywire!

In regards to the HT-XT1 - as its a new product (not not out yet), there is little information.  However the HT-XT1 is also a 2.1ch All-In-One system.  Therefore it would be hard to get the use out of it - in conjuction with the EF1100, it would be an expensive HDMI hub.  For scalability wise, you would be better off with an AV Receiver (of which you would also have to replace the speakers)

Good Luck with everything

nikkakog

If every Sony community had somebody like you, all would be better, this should be the Sony Dna as Kaz mentioned....
Thanks again and again!!!