Join now - be part of our community!

Optimal Connections for Surround...??

SOLVED
NikolasP
Explorer

Optimal Connections for Surround...??

Happy New Year everyone !!!!!!

I was wondering what is better to do........Connect everything on a surround av receiver with HDMI cables and run one cable HDMI from the receiver to tv or use the HDMI inputs of your TV and just get surround sound from the av receiver......

Does it make a difference on surround sound......??or on anything else ????

Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you have a blu-ray or equipment that requires the audio processing of the AV Receiver, its better to connect the HDMI to the AV Receiver as you will probably get better/more sound processing abilities (ie DTS-HDMA etc) and then passout the video.

Saying that, if the TV can process the audio signal, there is no difference at all.

I have a Sony AV Receiver, and I prefer to connect everthing up to the AV Receiver as much as possible.  However one of my devices, I have a HDMI handshake issue to the AV Reveiver.  Transferred that device to the TV's HDMI port (then outputting the sound) I now experience very little problems.

All AV Receivers will pass the video out these days.  For audio processing, my opinion is to connect everthing (as much as possible) to the AV Receiver.  After all, thats what your paying for :slight_smile:

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you have a blu-ray or equipment that requires the audio processing of the AV Receiver, its better to connect the HDMI to the AV Receiver as you will probably get better/more sound processing abilities (ie DTS-HDMA etc) and then passout the video.

Saying that, if the TV can process the audio signal, there is no difference at all.

I have a Sony AV Receiver, and I prefer to connect everthing up to the AV Receiver as much as possible.  However one of my devices, I have a HDMI handshake issue to the AV Reveiver.  Transferred that device to the TV's HDMI port (then outputting the sound) I now experience very little problems.

All AV Receivers will pass the video out these days.  For audio processing, my opinion is to connect everthing (as much as possible) to the AV Receiver.  After all, thats what your paying for :slight_smile:

Cheers

NikolasP
Explorer

Thanks , i think what you say makes sense....anyway i tried both connections and i have a feeling that sound from AV receiver comes out much better !!!!!!!