Join now - be part of our community!

Sony bdp-s4100 netflix 24p not working

sarkimys
Explorer

Sony bdp-s4100 netflix 24p not working

I just buyed this bluray player sony bdp-s4100 and i think it's not support Netflix in 24p mode, only 60hz mode, correct, if im wrong? I was thinking is this issue can be fixed for later firmware updates or not? I have 14 days to get back this player in the shop and i want quick answer for this. If its not possible, i may change other model and manufacture, that can be supported 24p in netflix. If someone can tell me answer this, im very happy and pleasant!

Thank allready for someone wiser that i am. Sorry my bad english, but i hope that you understand me!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The Specifications says:

• 24p True Cinema = YES
  • NTSC/PAL(60Hz/50Hz) = YES / YES
  • DVD 24p output = YES

Anything else, you would be best to contact Sony and/or Netflix directly.  For Sony : HERE

Cheers

sarkimys
Explorer

Yes. It's support 24p, but only for blu-ray disk. I dont know, why Netflix can support it too? My Tv shows on netflix like this 1080p 60hz and the image is judder and laggy. I have 600hz Full Hd plasma tv, its suppose to show image without any judder and laggy. Can my settings do that, because i have now Ycbcr mode and 4:2:2  and Deep colours set to 16-bit?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

This would be down to Netflix to implement on their service rather than Sony and would likely be the same for other manufacturers as well.

I've never had an issue with judder using either native Netflix app or into the TV from Blu-ray, PS3 or PS4 so might be worth having a look at the TV settings to see if something else could be causing the judder.

Thanks