Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Home Cinema BDV-E3100

ameetp18
New

Sony Home Cinema BDV-E3100

Hi all,

Hope you can help.....

I bought the above home cinema system yesterday from Curry's. Have set it up following instructions manual. All seems to be working fine apart from the internet video services.

Have connected to my router (Netgear DGND3700v2) via LAN. When running the internet and network checks everything is ok. I can also use the internet browser. However for some reason the internet video (which I presume has the sony entertainment app) doesnt work. It will simply say "checking network connection" and does nothing or say "connecting to internet video service...(1/3)" and then time out.

Trying to connect via wireless has similar problems.

When I first connected it to the network it asked to do an update which I did fine and it now says "updated".

Have already tried the "reset to factory default" and "initialize personal information".

Please can you help??

Kind Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try switching both the router and BDV-E3100 off from the power at the wall.  Leave off for 2 mintes, then switch on Router first, wait until it pick up your internet connection, then switch on Bluray.

Cheers

ameetp18
New

Hi 

Thanks for your speedy reply.  Have already tried that a few times.

Have checked all network connections and settings which seemed to show that it is connected.

The only one which shows an error is when you do the network connection diagnostics and check the IPv6 - it says it "cannot connect properly with DHCP server".  I have checked my router settings and DHCP is enabled.

when you run a diagnostic on IPv4 it is fine.

What is this IPv6 about and can this affect the operation of the sony network??

Anonymous
Not applicable

IPV6 - ignore it at this stage, ISP's have not implemented it yet.

Basically we (the world) is running out of IP addresses under the current system (IPV4).  IPV6 will address this issue, but its a long hard slog getting every network device up-to scratch.

Reading back on your issue:

I have double-checked the specs - and yes SEN is supported (ie Smart apps like YouTube etc) - there should be a button on your remote control called "SEN"

At this stage, the only thing I can suggest (as you appear to have done everything else) is to perform another "Network Update" in Settings

Short of that, its contacting Sony Support tomorrow : HERE

Cheers