Join now - be part of our community!

soundbar HT-CT790

profile.country.GB.title
juebo64
Explorer

soundbar HT-CT790

Bought HT-CT790 soundbar from currys was told it was the best product in the shop and paid a lot of hard earned money for it,installed it as the manual stated,spent a lot of money on HDMI lead as was told it was what is required turned it on and a great sound comes from the soundbar but cannot access the home menu(just a dark screen) to try different settings (not working) to listen to different sounds. Spoke to currys and they say it is sonys problem. I have looked at Q&A`s about it and it looks like sony are selling faulty expensive equipment i would like to know how to get a refund on this item or a working replacement as sony have ignored my request, i am not happy in the slightest as most of my gadgets (mobile,tablet,camera and tv`s)are sony and to be selling faulty goods of which they know about and do nothing to support you is a disgrace, if nothing comes of this i will be intouch with the national press to get something done about it. Would be grateful if someone from sony would get in touch.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @juebo64 and welcome to the User Community :slight_smile:

As this is a user / fan Community Sony don't respond here.

Just a few questions if possible....

Did you purchase in store or online?

How long ago did you purchase it?

What TV are you using it with?

When you reported the item to the retailer as faulty, what exactly did they say?

You say Sony have ignored your request, what request did you make and how was it made?

(Was it over the phone or in an email?)

cheers

profile.country.GB.title
juebo64
Explorer

Hi 

i bought the soundbar in store

i purchased it about a month ago but only installed it 2 weeks later due to room being refurbished

It is connected to a sony bravia tv

they say because it has a fault that i would have to get in touch with sony and have it repaired under warranty

profile.country.GB.title
juebo64
Explorer

I contacted sony through the support section (email).

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again :slight_smile:

I would never email a company about  a fault, always phone them as its a lot speedier,

plus you never know if they have received the email or not until or if you get a response.

Give Sony Support a ring on +44 (0) 2073652810 tomorrow morning.

Also its not Sony who are selling you a potentailly faulty item, its Currys. They are the retailer.

(I flinch at their name - I have had shocking experiences with them previously)

Let us know how you get on.

profile.country.GB.title
juebo64
Explorer

Hi sorry been a long time to reply but just recently sorted the problem of not being able to get to the home screen menu on the HT-CT790 sounbar, i recently found at home a hi speed HDMI cable with ethernet and the new cable has rectified the problem, the soundbar needs a hi speed hdmi cable with ethernet to load the menu onto the tv.