Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar HT-MT500 obscures TV remote sensor

profile.country.GB.title
VeganBoy
Explorer

Soundbar HT-MT500 obscures TV remote sensor

Just bought a HT-MT500 sondbar (but not picked it up yet) and noticed that it's 6cm high. My Bravia TV sensor is at 4.5cm high so will be obscured when I place the soundbar in front. Will the soundbar sensor pick up the TV remote signal and transmit via the HDMI ARC connection to the TV?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @VeganBoy,

if the soundbar can pick up the signal and control the TV, it will definetly not do it trough the ARC (audio return channel) function, but rather trough the integrated ethernet-connection in every HDMI-cable.

I though suspect it won't work this way round.

Normally the TV can control other devices trough HDMI, yet I haven't yet seen any device do it the other way round.

I personally would first check how bad the soundbar affects the TVs IR receiver and take the necessary steps afterwards if it affects it egatively.

You can put a base beneath the TV so it is higher up for example.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
VeganBoy
Explorer

cheers. that was my thinking, but don't really want to raise the TV unless I can get a replacement Sony stand rather than a piece of wood! :slight_smile:

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @VeganBoy,

if you didn't yet buy the soundbar, I would have recommended that you take a look at Sonys line of sound-bases with integrated subwoofer.

They don't obscure the IR receiver.

- Nic