Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1080 *Amplify HDMI-signal? *Atmos? *Best settings?

profile.country.FI.title
pedrovon
New

STR-DN1080 *Amplify HDMI-signal? *Atmos? *Best settings?

Hi!

I have home cinema with 1080p projector, this Sony receiver and Pro Audio home cinema room 5.1.-speakers. From receiver there goes about 7-10m long HDMI to projector. Now I'm thinking to connect my computer to receiver with 10 m long HDMI, because this "Chromecast-built in" was letdown (no for video!!?).

1.  Will this receiver amplify HDMI-signal too? So will I need active or passive HDMI-cable?
  2. There is Dolby Atmos, but how I can test it? I have one blurayfilm with Atmos, but receiver only says "Dolby", when playing it. I tried to test with demos from pc (HDMI), but DN1080 recognizes it only 2 channel PCM. Played with newest version of MPC-HC.
  3. I think to buy two more satellite speakers (C1 or C2, i think it is the same) Can everybody say, which is better for Atmos: to get two speakers rear or front upper ceiling? Room size is about 5.8m x 3.9m and viewing distance is about 3 meter from 120" screen.
  4. What are the best settings for sound, that I would be sure that sound is like in bluray or broadcast?
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi pedrovon,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Please get in touch with Sony Support who will be able to help you with this.

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.FI.title
pedrovon
New

Hello.

Ok. I sent a message to support last weekend, but not got any answer yet.

profile.country.FI.title
pedrovon
New

Hello.

Can You say how long it will take to get answer from Sony support? It is taken one and half week now...

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi pedrovon, 

It's best to call Sony Support if you're experiencing a delay, on 0207 365 2810. 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F