Join now - be part of our community!

STRDN 1040 - No sound from ARC

SOLVED
audia4t
Explorer

STRDN 1040 - No sound from ARC

hi, i have the same problem here.

speaker test is ok here, but no audio sound from TV  (hdmi (ARC)

I have sound from other source (PC) connected to sony reciever.

My connection from tv is hdmi (ARC) to HDMI (ARC) reciever.

I have tested 3 different tv with this reciever = No sound.

I have tested the same 3 tv to my other reciever Onkyo 616 ..an all 3 tv then working.

It seems to me that the audio signal in to the reciever HDMI (ARC) don`t go further to the speakers.

Hope someone found a solotion

best regards

Trond:smileyhappy:

12 REPLIES 12
audia4t
Explorer

@nikkakog wrote:

TV menu, sound, audio out =variable, HDMI\dvi audio source=HDMI audio, speakers=audio system

Thats the settings i use

audia4t
Explorer

@glowworm wrote:

Do you mean when playing TV back through receiver ... for example from Digital Free to Air receiver in TV using the AMP for sound ? 

I have TV plugged into HDMI OUT A and set the HDMI output to A only not A+B  ....A+B for some reason doesn't work.

Update... The manual does imply its an either /or a or B situation, however one way around it seems to be to use an optical connector from the TV to the AV and change INPUT MODE to OPT on the AMP MENU display via the front panel menu ... I don't think this is setup via the GUI  only as a LED front panel option via AMP MENU button.

Printing of the User Manual is a MUST for this box... then take a degree course :thinking:

yes I have integrated canaldigital satelitte tv. ..and want the sound from tv to recievers speakes.

Now I tested the frontpanel:  ..set INPUT MODE to Auto ..and there yuo go = SOUND to speakers:smileywhistling:

audia4t
Explorer

Hello EVERYONE helping me out!

I want to say THANK YOU for helping me resolve the problem .

After setting INPUT MODE TO  AUTO in frontpanel the sound working fine.

So thanx to all for helping me out.

Best Regard to all and Happy New Year.:smileyhappy::smileywhistling: