Join now - be part of our community!

Using speakers from Dav dz230

profile.country.GB.title
Dcfcshandy
New

Using speakers from Dav dz230

Hi, is it possible to use the speakers from a Sony DAV dz230 which Ive been given and connect it to a newer Blu-ray player with an HDMI input or optical so I can use the speakers through the TV? As far as I can tell, the current player can't be connected to play TV sound through it. 

If so, which player would be best suitable. Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi dcfcshandy, 

Welcome to the community. 

When you say the current player can't be connected to play TV sound through it, do you mean the DAV-DZ230? The manual for the DAV-DZ230 is here in case it helps. 

Thanks,

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
Dcfcshandy
New

Hi, thanks for replying. I was given the HTS to me and I was under the impression I could hook it up direct to the TV, and get surround sound from the program I was watching,  But I think it  only works when watching a dvd or cd, radio etc. I tried connecting an old scart to RCA but it never worked. 

Only way I got any sound from TV was with a 3.5 audio cable, which only produced sound through 2 speakers. 

Unless I'm missing something. 

So I was wondering if a newer Blu-ray player would have the same speaker connections. I've seen a few newer ones have optical port and hdmi arc, so in theory I could get TV surround sound. Hope this makes sense!