Join now - be part of our community!

Microphone not working during calls

SOLVED
Sonymanpro
Visitor

Microphone not working during calls

Hello,

When on a call (Sent or Receiving) my microphone doesn't work, the other person cannot hear me.

However if I go to speaker phone they hear me fine.

The microphone works fine in diagnostics.

I haven't downloaded any apps recently.

Is there an easy fix to this?

Thanks, 

43 REPLIES 43
pimon
Visitor

Having same problem as you guys,I can not be heard on calls incoming or out going,tried all your suggestions,no joy,warranty ran out a month ago,also rear camera has stopped working.tried reseting phone, no joy,this phone is useless.

Maister
Visitor

Hello, I'm having the same problem with my xperia M5 that I just bought with this problem.

I already changed all the settings and nothing solved

AliceVainilla
Visitor

i have the same problem with my mic, nobody hears me on calls, i  tried what you said but  still dont work 

Please advise 

FrogInCraft
Visitor

Hi

I have been getting the same problem with the microphone not working eventhough I have done a service test and it's fine. Was curious to see if the Microphone noise suppression was going to work, but I can't seem to find this particular setting on my phone? Checked Settings> Call settings and this is not one of the menu options... Any idea where it might be?

catinthehat1
Visitor

The simple solution was for me to go to the "Service Menu" and to reset the device (stop all of apps before that). With original software from the device ROM microphones are working again. Now, here is the problem: as soon as the phone "sees" the network or Wi-Fi, it starts Sony system update which cripples microphones again. If I reset from ROM again, microphones start working again until the system update takes over. May I ask Sony for the solution?

Ehriman
Visitor

I still have exactly same problem. The funy issue is when I delivered phone to local maintenance service, they advised to change screen and send invoice of 100€. Got back phone and still trying to fix myself. Sony should also take care about local maintenance services' quality.
DanNash
Visitor

I had a similar problem but when in speaker phone. People could not hear me but I could perfectly hear them. I unchecked the noice reduction option and still cannot hear me while in a call using the sepaker phone. 

DanNash
Visitor

Whenever I place a call and use the speaker phone option, I can perfectly hear the person on the other side of the line, but they cannot hear me. I booted the phone on safe mode and this did not solve the problem. 

If I use the phone in the normal way (putting it in my ear), microphone works just fine and I can normaly have a call. 

Weird thing is I can record voice notes in diferent apps, it just do not work for speaker phone. I unchecked the noice reduction option and this did not fixed the problem either. 

Any other thoughts?

Aqilemad
Visitor

Hello,I have the same issue that is my microphone do not detect my voice when call directly by phone,however when i used earphone i the other parties can hear my voice,if u already fund the solution,please advice

Trungvn
Visitor

I was having the same problem