Join now - be part of our community!

Microphone not working during calls

SOLVED
Sonymanpro
Visitor

Microphone not working during calls

Hello,

When on a call (Sent or Receiving) my microphone doesn't work, the other person cannot hear me.

However if I go to speaker phone they hear me fine.

The microphone works fine in diagnostics.

I haven't downloaded any apps recently.

Is there an easy fix to this?

Thanks, 

43 REPLIES 43
Nix3
Visitor

How to do it?

VeraM
Visitor

Hi, 

I had the same problem, and I found somewhere else that some apps like Facebook or Snapchat may intefere with the mic if you do not allow them access to the mic (#1984, if you get the reference). Thus, I allow access to microphone to all these types of apps and now it works. 

I hope you guys can solve your problem. 

Greetings! 

ps: My mobile is an Xperia XA1 Ultra, and I love it! 

VanH008
Visitor

Hi Sarah any luck with that problem. im sitting in the same boat.

bebyfigue
Visitor

Hi,

I have a Xperia XA1 Ultra and have the same problem: the mic does not work during calls, people cant hear me unless I turn it to speaker phone.

I have tried everything you have suggested (except noise suppresion, wich i havent been able to locate) and still won't work.

I actually bought this phone because my old Sony had this problem... Never imagined I would be having the same trouble again.

Please, help!! 

Chiv
Visitor

Try checking the Earphone Jack Socket for Detritus.

Any foreign bodies in the socket may cause the phone to think there are earphones/mic plugged in.

This may then switch off the internal earspeaker and microphone  as the phone is thinking there are external ones plugged in.

Power the phone off before trying to get anything out of the socket and be careful not to damage the internal contacts or you will need a new socket or phone.

Chouchou
Visitor

Can y explain me more ? Thank 

you.

bebyfigue
Visitor

When i get calls, I can hear people talking but they cant hear me. Its the second Sony phone which I own that has this problem. Loved Sony, but Im not buying it anymore. 

bebyfigue
Visitor

The same exact thing happened to me. I am really disappointed. 

lp8
Visitor

can you please let me know where to find this feature?

Anup1991
Visitor

Hello Muslefy is faceing the same issue dunirng normal calling another person is with me in call not able to here anything but when turn loudspeker mode in my phone he is abl to hear what the issue not able to understand ,, can you tell me whats your solution fro thi issue ..

thanks