Join now - be part of our community!

sony Xperia sp keeps shutting down

SOLVED
nlakocevic
Visitor

sony Xperia sp keeps shutting down

For the last 3 days my phone keeps shutting down by it self, it doesn't matter if I am talking or it's just sitting beside it keeps turning off. That happens a lot it drains my battery totally! I think today it restarted 50 times. There is no new update that I can fin!
Does anyone have an answer what is going on?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi nlakocevic,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

There are a number of factors that can cause restarting, in many cases a SIM card or an SD card can be the culprit. As stated above, I do suggest removing the SIM but also any SD card. 

This can also be related to third party applications or apps that may have corrupt data. in such a case removing any new apps would help resolve such an issue.

Finally if none of the above works, then a software repair would be the best option to perform. See the instructions below on how this is done.

1. Before you start you have to download the PC Companion software from PC Companion
and install it on your PC.
2. Once installed on your PC, double-click the PC Companion icon on your desktop to start the update.
Note! For some models you will be prompted to do a backup prior to the update and then restore.
3. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
4. Phone Software Update.
5. Start.
6. Repair Phone
7. Continue
8. Accept data removal
9. Next
10. Wait for prepare
11. Select Phone
12. Follow the connection steps

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Remove the SIM,report if the same occurs.

alexdon
Phy
Legend
Legend

boot on safe mode, see if that helps

How to boot on safe mode.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi nlakocevic,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

There are a number of factors that can cause restarting, in many cases a SIM card or an SD card can be the culprit. As stated above, I do suggest removing the SIM but also any SD card. 

This can also be related to third party applications or apps that may have corrupt data. in such a case removing any new apps would help resolve such an issue.

Finally if none of the above works, then a software repair would be the best option to perform. See the instructions below on how this is done.

1. Before you start you have to download the PC Companion software from PC Companion
and install it on your PC.
2. Once installed on your PC, double-click the PC Companion icon on your desktop to start the update.
Note! For some models you will be prompted to do a backup prior to the update and then restore.
3. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
4. Phone Software Update.
5. Start.
6. Repair Phone
7. Continue
8. Accept data removal
9. Next
10. Wait for prepare
11. Select Phone
12. Follow the connection steps

nlakocevic
Visitor

Thank you for your help. I did remove my sim card and it did solve my problem.
Thommo
Genius

Then it's your Sim that's faulty and you should see about getting a new one - Cut to size cards are often the biggest offender with issues like this

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Any time nlakocevic, glad I could help, I do suggest following the instructions supplied by Thommo Slightly_smiling_Face

Polgarak
Visitor

Hi!!! I have the same problem and I just found out in my case is the sd card. Does anyone here now what can I do? What brand and type of sd card should I buy???

dunno
Visitor

mine has been doing the same, but it also doesn't let me delete pictors. right now i was typing on it and ot froze and now it's just shut down completely. i was charging it at the time and unpluged it and the green light is still there (that shows it's charging) but it's not anymore so idk what i'm supposed to do it's ridiculos.

M-ibha
Visitor

My Sony Xperia has stopped using the camera and also can't connect to wifi, so I downloaded the pc companion app to repair or update my software, but then when I try to update the software it says that I'm using the latest software and when I click the repair software function my phone switches itself off before it finishes the process, what must I do?