Join now - be part of our community!

Com Hem CA Module (CI+) not working in KDL-40EX524

SOLVED
profile.country.SE.title
sivaathi
New

Com Hem CA Module (CI+) not working in KDL-40EX524

Hi,

I live in Stockholm, Sweden. I bought Sony KDL-40EX524 couple of weeks back and I have got a HD channels subscribed with Com Hem AB. I received teh CI+ module and the card from Com Hem and I have inserted it as per the instructions provided. I did Digital Auto Tuning by setting the right frequency and Network ID for Comhem for Stockholm location. I tried all the tips provided in Com Hem website and did not get any of my subscribed HD channels. Only Free channels alone comes through the Antenna cable. I called up com Hem Customer Care and they had verified that the service is enabled from their end. So they asked me to check with Sony Support. I am gonna call them today. Before that I thought of posting the question here.

In Digital Setup menu, the CA Module setup option is greyed out. So, it seems like the CA Module is not detected by my TV. Any suggestions on how to solve this ?

Note: I have the latest firmware updated.

Thanks,

Siva

Message was edited by: sivaathi

Message was edited by: sivaathi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.SE.title
sivaathi
New

The Problem got resolved today. I had inserted the CI+ module inside the slot but I have not pressed it hard to get it locked correctly. One of friend told me that after you insert the Module, you should press little hard so that it fits completely. I was afraid to press hard as I did not want to damange the TV slot or the module.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.SE.title
sivaathi
New

The Problem got resolved today. I had inserted the CI+ module inside the slot but I have not pressed it hard to get it locked correctly. One of friend told me that after you insert the Module, you should press little hard so that it fits completely. I was afraid to press hard as I did not want to damange the TV slot or the module.