Join now - be part of our community!

HX923 Vivid Problem!

profile.country.en_GB.title
dbulmez
Visitor

HX923 Vivid Problem!

Hi All,

This is my first post here so please be gentle :smileywink:.

I am having a issue which I cannot seem to solve and is driving me up the wall, namely:

I enjoy the VIVID setting imensly on this set however I have a serious issue with it. Because the panel is not 100% perfect and has some clouding the LED Dynamic Control in advanced settings needs to be on to avoid having bright spots in dark seens. This is where the problem lies because in VIVID there is no way to get to the advanced settings and I cannot set any custom setting to look 100% like VIVID.

My question is: how can I? 1. Set the advance custom settings to exacly match the VIVID settings i.e white balance etc. (with above asjustment ofcourse); or, 2. Access the advanced menu in VIVID (maybe service menu?)

Many thanks in advance and I look forward to any suggestions.

DB

2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Hi and welcome,

personally Vivid is far too much for my liking and as you say cant tinker with the setting much, you are much better setting standard or custom for general viewing and movies, there are some settings suggested posted here somewhere and are just a guide, everyone is different, some like Motion flow and some dont etc etc, just experiment till you find the settings that suit.

dbulmez
Visitor

Thanks for your Reply,

Unfortunately I like exagerated colour, contrast and generally very vivid picture and I just find that nothing I do can commpare to the quality of the Vivid setting, particularly on the contrast side.

I badly need the exact advanced settings of the Vivid option so I can set everything exacly the same with the exception of the Dinamic LED option.

The forums help will be greately appreciated!

Message was edited by: dbulmez

Message was edited by: dbulmez