Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 46X3000 LCD Panel Failed Twice

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
pitseleh
Visitor

KDL 46X3000 LCD Panel Failed Twice

Hi I have the 46x300 just over two years, in May of this year the screen developed the known Sony fault so it was sent of for inspection.

The result of this was the LCD panel had failed and would have to be replaced, now began the two week wait until a new LCD panel could be delivered and installed.

Panel was finally installed and returned to me........happy days.......:smileyangry:.

Fast forward to 4 weeks later and the panel had completely failed and it was sent back again for inspection.

Another 2 weeks later and I'm informed that the panel will have to replaced again and would be another week before the panel is in stock.

I contacted Sony about this to tell them how unhappy I was with their repair and how I wouldn't be accepting another repair to be told that Sony's position is that they have a "3 strike rule" and they would only replace the TV after if failed for the same fault 3 times in 1 year. When I explained to them about how under consumer law the repair they offered must be "permanent" and if it's not then I don't have to accept another repair but can request a replacement or refund I was told that their position was the 3 strike rule. To say I'm annoyed with Sony at the moment is an understatement.

I like most of you bought a Sony Bravia because of the reputation of Sony and their products while most people I know bought from other manufacturers and when they have had any problems their manufacturers couldn't have been more helpful while Sony seem to just ignore the basic principals of law.

Has anyone had a replacement LCD fail and if so what was your experience with Sony and did you get a replacement or another repair?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi pitseleh,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I'm not sure who you've contacted within Sony but it may be worth ringing this number 01932 816000 and ask to speak to someone within the Customer Information  Centre..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Tricky77
Visitor

I own a x3500 which had the same fault. First happened after 11 months, just in the 1 year warranty. Panel was replaced, after 4 months the problem reoccurred. After speaking to Sony I was told my repair was only guaranteed for 3 months, as you can imagine I was very upset. At this point the set was out warranty and I felt I had lost my +£2k purchase. I went out and bought a panasonic, but never let go about my Sony set. I'm not sure why but one day I decided to phone Sony and try complaining again, amazing, I had some success. I was told a new panel replacement had a 1 year warranty, not 3 months. I'm not sure why Sony failed to mention this to me originally as they had all the information about my repair. My Sony set now lives in my bedroom and is never used. I'm certain the fault would present itself after some use. It wouldn't surprise me if Sony exchanged the panel with a repaired panel, not a brand new one.If you can, get your money back, there are so many customers who have suffered with these tv faults. It's very sad that Sony have never resolved this problem. I've just read the new Sony 3d flagship sets are suffering from screen quality issues.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi pitseleh,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I'm not sure who you've contacted within Sony but it may be worth ringing this number 01932 816000 and ask to speak to someone within the Customer Information  Centre..