Join now - be part of our community!

My Sony KD65xd9305

profile.country.GB.title
Whitewing
Explorer

My Sony KD65xd9305

Hi guys,

I tend only to go on forums when I have a problem like most people. Hence the need to vent some complaint about the poor service that now seems to be available from Sony.

I was for many years a Tv and Video service Engineer so I consider that I have a fair respect and patience when problems occur. I have repaired many Sony products over the years. I am now retired.

I have been a fan of Sony products for many years and loyal to the brand but after my experience with my latest Tv I have to say my opinion is changing. I purchased my 65" supposedly state of the art Tv just over 2 years ago. It cost me a small fortune. From day one it had problems that I would relate to being with the software. I was constantly waiting for updates in the hope that things would smooth out but sad to say this has not happened. About 6-7 weeks ago I finally contacted Sony support who were very pleasant and directed me to adjust some of the Tv's setting which I did. Problem is since then nothing has changed. I Still have the same problems being -

Tv re-sets for no reason. Daily.

Tv pictue locks up.

Sound goes off.

Tv locks up.

Tv does not memorize the Radio stations in the Tune In app due to the constant re-seting.

The Amazon app is terrible - stuttering picture like a buffering problem - got 200meg broadband. Sound slowly goes out of sync with the video getting worse the longer you watch it.

I dont use any of the other apps as they are poor to useless compared to what I can get on my mobile phone.

Sony have now informed me there is no shared updates available for the problems I am experiencing.

Has anyone else had the same problems as I have mentioned? I would be curious to know.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Whitewing,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Apologies for the issues with your TV.

I will have a look to see if there's anything else that would help and will be back in touch if I can find anything.

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Whitewing
Explorer

I look forward to your help.
thank you,
profile.country.GB.title
Whitewing
Explorer

I have to report my TV problems have been addressed. After being contacted by Igor from Sony Customer relations I was offered a brand new replacement TV which I have just set up. Very happy to say this TV is behaving very well.

A few weeks ago I could see no solution to my TV problems but I now have to say a Big thank you to Sony for pulling out the stops. :wink: