Join now - be part of our community!

DVD - RW Not recognised :o(

profile.country.en_GB.title
Joby2004
Visitor

DVD - RW Not recognised :o(

Hi all.  New to the forums so please be gentle  :wink:

I have recently been given a Sony Vaio PCG-K315S laptop which is fitted with a Pioneer DVD - RW DVR - K14.  However this does not work and I cant find an answer as to why.  Device manager says that drivers for hardware are installed but then says that it cannot find hardware device and says code 41.  I've been looking for answers on the net for hours and have drawn a blank in every direction.  My OS is XP Home edition.

Can somebody out there please help me?  :thinking:

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Joby and welcome to Club Vaio.

A simple Registry Fix should solve your problems.

The following involves changes to the registry and I recommend that you set a System Restore Point just in case.

Then:

1.Press the ‘Windows’ key and press R.  In the Run box type: REGEDIT , and hit enter. For Vista, type REGEDIT into the search box and open it).

2. Navigate to –

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

click on this and locate UpperFilters in the right-hand window, (if it exists) right click on Upperfilters and select Delete and then OK.

3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if it exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created that will hopefully cure the problem.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software if it doesn't work – but not usually.

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Joby,

welcome to Club Vaio Questions and Answers..:smileyhappy:

If you are nervous editing the registry by following Blencogo's excellent guide you can if you wish save the CD Gone registry fix (attached below) to your hard drive and then double click to run..

One completed restart your Vaio..:smileywink: