Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VPCEB3L0E No Trace Of Motion Eye Cam

profile.country.en_GB.title
ricdob
Visitor

Sony Vaio VPCEB3L0E No Trace Of Motion Eye Cam

Hey there,

I've recently picked up the model mentioned above and the camera initially worked fine when I tested it. It then stopped working entirely the same day I got it. I looked around google for a solution but couldn’t find anything useful. The camera then began working again for a day and then proceeded to stop working again the next day after a restart. There appears to be no trace of a driver for the camera on the laptop it's self or on the drivers page on the Vaio website. I've looked in device manager and there’s no imaging device of any kind, it's not hidden either. I've checked the drivers folder under Windows in the C drive and still nothing. I'm totally baffled. I don't think it's a hardware issue and I’ve tried a system restore too. I closed the lid and moved the laptop around while the camera was on so I don't think it's a lose wire. I'm totally out of ideas. I hope someone can help me with this. It would be much appreciated.

I'm running windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Rick

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Rick and welcome.

If no imaging device is showing in Device Manager when the camera is not functioning then this is almost certainly a hardware problem unless of course there is an unknown device listed with a yellow warning triangle.

I don’t suppose that you checked Device Manager when the Camera was working?

I suggest that you take the machine back to the retailer and ask for an exchange or a refund.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
ianmosty
Visitor

Hi Rick, I also had the same problem, and found a solution that worked....

If you open the Power options, and in beside the balanced option click on "Change plan settings" another window opens and there is an option to "Change advance power settings" another window opens scroll down to USB settings, USB selective suspend setting, and disable the option under battery or on power.....

hope that helps

Ian