Join now - be part of our community!

System restore, will I lose Windows 7?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
beezerk
Visitor

System restore, will I lose Windows 7?

Hi, newbie here, I usually fix my own problems by finding the information but I can't find an answer to this one but it seems such a simple question.

I have a Vaio laptop with Windows 7 installed, I bought it from new with all the software pre installed etc.

It's starting to slow down a bit due to the amount of crap software I put on it lol.

Anyway, on my old pc I'd just format and reinstall XP as I had the Windows system disk but I don't have one with my Vaio.

So to the question, if I do a full system restore in the Recovery Centre will it wipe everything and I'll lose Windows 7 or will it put it back to what it was like when I bought it? All the description says is it puts it back to how it left the factory type thing. I did a backup cd when I first got it but it only seems to want to copy over files back onto C: which I've since deleted.

Sorry it's a bit long winded but I hope you get the gist of it :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi beezerk,

yes running the vaio recovery will restore the Sony supplied OS, in your case windows 7 and all of the pre-installed applications..

You should be able to start the recovery process by either using the recovery disc's if you created them.

Or via the Vaio Recovery Centre.?

Click Start - All Programs - VAIO Recovery Centre.

Or by starting your vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F10 key repeatedly this should start the recovery process..

If you let us know what model Vaio you have we may be able to direct you to the Troubleshooting and Recovery Guide for your Vaio..:smileywink:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi beezerk,

yes running the vaio recovery will restore the Sony supplied OS, in your case windows 7 and all of the pre-installed applications..

You should be able to start the recovery process by either using the recovery disc's if you created them.

Or via the Vaio Recovery Centre.?

Click Start - All Programs - VAIO Recovery Centre.

Or by starting your vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F10 key repeatedly this should start the recovery process..

If you let us know what model Vaio you have we may be able to direct you to the Troubleshooting and Recovery Guide for your Vaio..:smileywink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
beezerk
Visitor

Brilliant, that's worked a treat, thanks a lot.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome..:smileyhappy: