Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio update not updating

profile.country.en_GB.title
jugaugh
Visitor

Vaio update not updating

I am using Vaio Update version 5.4.1.04200. Upon checking for updates it come up with the following message...

A new version of VAIO Update is available. VAIO Update cannot be used unless it is updated. Update now?

I click yes, then the icon in the system tray shows it is downloading the update but then after around 1 minute it stops and nothing happens. So, until this is fixed i cannot use VAIO Update.

Any solutions or a direct download link to download the latest version?

If it makes difference my model number is VGN-AW41MF

Thanks.

95 REPLIES 95
profile.country.de_GB.title
haschei32
Visitor

Hello

I am a german from Stuttgart and had the same problems with update.

. In the german Sony discussion there are the same problems

(excuse my bad english):smileylaugh:

My Sony is from Jan 2010 and there is no funky software

( Norton 360 Internet-security....)

See:

http://www.sony.at/discussions/message/713913#713913

I could not update vaio for two weeks

and surprisingly  at  10.12.2011   i could update in few minutes.!!!!

I think its a problem of Sony servers.

and not a  problem of the laptop

Just try update at an silent time

Its not a trick - its  a Sony

bankie1
Visitor

im having that problem with mine

a new version is available, it extracts ok but then doesnt install

profile.country.en_IE.title
tmccre
New

Hi all,

I've had the same problem as well for months now!

Cannot get this to work no matter how I try.

Has the Sony Ostrich still got it's head in the sand? Or is someone going to do somting about it????

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

tmccre wrote:

Has the Sony Ostrich still got it's head in the sand? Or is someone going to do somting about it????

Yes (but I would have chosen a different location to sand) and no, in that order, unless the affected Vaio users bombard Vaio-Link with calls to complain....

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
mjk43wr
Visitor

I have to say this is extremely disappointing.

Sony made it clear to me in their last phone call that they are washing their hands of the problem.

What publicity medium would run this story and be one about which Sony would be concerned ?

Frizzam
Visitor

Hi,

I've had this problem too since Oct 2011. In conversation with support by phone they advised me to do a factory reset, saying they would not do anything further to help unless they had a new canvas to work with.

I am reluctant to do another factory reset as I had only just done one before this error arose.

I have taken to 'Twitter' to highlight the issue to @sony on there. And for now this is all I can think of as a way to escalate my problem. Others might also want to join in and 'spam' all the Sony social media sites until they take notice!

This is what I sent:

@Sony Hi, can you have a look at this issue and offer some advice/solution to resolve pls? Vaio update not updating! http://bit.ly/zPBtdS

profile.country.GB.title
nick_cam
Explorer

Same problem. I swithced to a ac 1 yr ago because of similar problems that Sony don't respond to issues (this was over intermittent drop out of WiFi on a VGN-.Z21WN). Just got out my Vaio and did a full factory reinstall - thenWin & (about 300 updates) and then responded to Vaio Center update notification.  Mine tries to run the nVidia updates but fails and says try again.  SO if my experience is anything to go by don't waste your time toing a factory reinstall - and switch to a Mac!

dextrious
Explorer

After having to do a full recovery procedure I was left with vaio update 4,I manually updated this to version 5 and am now presented with the message 'cannot get update configuration'

I again did a full recovery but this problem continues.

The updates are there on the site but the update program does not function.

profile.country.hu_HU.title
attishi
Visitor

Vaio update does not work for me either...

New

HI I BEEN TRYING TO LOAD UP DATES BUT MASSAGE SAYING DI 0008

SO WHY IS THIS GOING ON MY MODEL VGN-NS20E.

WHEN IS GOING TO BE PUT RIGHT WE PAY A LOT FOR THESE LAP TOP GETTING LET DOWN A LOT