Join now - be part of our community!

Warranty Terms

profile.country.en_GB.title
andpoull
Visitor

Warranty Terms

Ok so I've spilled a liquid used for cleaning my car on my laptop and it doesnt look good. Some of the liquid left stains on the machine. This was done over three months ago and my laptop was working fine since. There's been no liquid on the inside of the case. However, my laptop died about a week ago and according to my local Sony centre, its risky sending it out for a repair.

Would such a case void the warranty? Given that at present the laptop does not boot due to  power failure, as they told me here, so this was not caused by the liquid. All the stains are on the outside case.

In case this gets sent to the Sony Repair Centre and its unable to be repaired, I suppose I am entitled to the costs of sending the laptop to them and receiving it back. Would I have to pay for the examination for the problems?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would contact Sony Vaio Support by telephone and agree who is responsible for what.  Get agreement to the terms before you send the Vaio for repair.

As long as the old damage is cosmetic then the warranty should still cover an internal fault as long as the liquid cannot be traced to the insides.

Go here: http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/index.aspx?m=0&l=en_GB and enter your Vaio model on the right. Once signed in, click on 'Get in Touch' and enter your Vaio's Serial Number.

:wink: