Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
Alex_in_the_Sky
Explorer

Severe colour banding issue in KD-43XE7000

Hello,

I recently bought a KD-43XE7000 (product page here). I played a few games on PS4 Pro (albeit with no 4K support), I watched a few movies on Netflix (HD only, no UHD), I watched a few demo 4K videos on YouTube (those showing animals and nature, like this) and while of course the quality on screen varies depending on what's being watched (4K videos look a ton better than no-4K PS4 games and HD Netflix movies), the image from all of these sources has something in common...

During pan camera shots, the image suffers of severe colour banding. This is very noticeable when large objects of the same colour but of different hues are on screen. For example: a scene showing the sky, the ocean, or a scene in darkness where there is mist. These objects are subject to a very coarse-grained blending. I've spent hours tinkering with the TV settings, to no avail. 

Just a few notes:

- The current software version installed is v8.533 (the latest available)

- The HDMI ports setting is already to "Enhanced" 

- I have a 50mb connection in download. Bandwidth capability is definitely not the issue here

- So far I've only found this issue already raised in here. It was closed out with the conclusion the root cause was the bandwidth. I suspect there's more to it

- See issue in the screenshot below, taken from Horizon Zero Dawn on HDR TV setting

Colour bandingColour banding

I hope someone can help me find a solution.

Regards,

Alex

Who Me Too'd this topic