Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
profile.country.de_DE.title
jeffreyschevitz
Visitor

I, too, would like to have flash player installed.  Both www.democracynow.org and mubi.com(latest film festivals) require flash player.

si37788
Visitor

I would like to be able to browse the music on my DNLA server without the music currently playing stopping, this alows you to have the next track ready to play when the track ends. I have a Samsung and a  WIFI connected Internet radio and an application on a Wi that work this way.

Oggleroon
Visitor

I would like to add a vote to those of four of my fellow responders for a mouse and keyboard interface (USB wired or wireless) for web browsing particularly. The remote is simply not adequate (even to those with well developed thumbs from years of texting), and is maddeningly inconsistent.

bearjosh
Visitor

There are so many things that Sony TV will not do that I bought a seperate mini PC to stand behind the TV to give me what I wanted. Having done this and  connected via the HDMI connection, the message "A change of scene has been made" appears  between every picture that Windows media player brings up. Now use FastStone as my picture viewer to overcome this.

profile.country.GB.title
Ali-cain
New

Hello,

I am very pleased with my recent purchase of a kdl-40hx853.

I'd like to request a feature is added to disable the Power Indicator LED on the front on the TV.

I can tell when the TV is on  and I think the border of the TV would look much cleaner without the LED on.

Many thanks for the consideration,

Alastair.

mijewen
Explorer

You said "more concerned with Sony being able to properly update existing Bravias than what will be on new ones....got this one for at least another 6-7 years (maybe!!) and updates already thin on the ground........think you need to look at samsung to see how internet on TV should look....and LG......"

That's very much my impression after a long run-in with Sony Support.  Like many other companies, the big effort is to make something they can sell. Once it's sold, you can go spit in the wind for any support that will make it work properly without generating any new revenue.

mijewen
Explorer

Besides the irrecoverability of USB media that has been plugged into the KDL USB port for PC use (I wrote about it elsewhere), I have two other issues in which Sony is showing no interest at all.

1. If I set the TV to record Program-B at, say, 4PM, then if I look at the “Timer recording” screen, it says that Program-B is due to be recorded.  Everything fine up to there.  The TV starts recording at 4PM, but TV scheduling being what it is, Program-A is just finishing at that time, so when I later look at the list of programs I have recorded, it says “Program-A”.  10 seconds into the recording, Program-A finishes, but it was on at the time recording started, so that’s the title that is on the Recorded list of programs, although the program that I actually recorded is Program-B.  I recorded 10 programs, and looking at the list of them, only two have the right titles, meaning that I haven’t a clue what is recorded.  In fact, as the TV is able to read the title of the program that is playing when it starts recording, and knows the title in the “Timer list” of the program I wanted to record, with very little effort on the part of the design department, it could have been made to wait for my program to start before it started recording.  Sony doesn’t care.

2. My TV is in the bedroom, so I would like to use the wake-up timer, but if I do, the TV comes on in analog mode.  There is no analog signal in my area, but there is no facility whereby I can select to have the TV start up in digital mode.   Sony doesn’t care.

profile.country.cs_CZ.title
david.tauchmann
Visitor

Hello,

I'd like to request missing HbbTV feature on my Sony KDL-32EX520 in the Czech Republic. The problem is described in this post: https://www.sony.cz/discussions/message/807075.

Many thanks,
David.

profile.country.ro_RO.title
KDL-32EX600
Visitor

Hi.

I need a really important update on my KDL-32EX600. I'ts about the sound drop problem when ussing HDMI. Some models have this update and i need on mine also, it's driving me crazy constantly loosing audio signal.

I've read on forums and some people where talking about this feature on some models that have it in the update firmware, because a large comunity of owners incountered this issue.

-Corrects an issue where an intermittent audio dropout occurs with a cable or satellite box using an HDMI connection.

-Corrects an issue where the audio may infrequently be lost while connected via an HDMI connection.

Please bring this update now on the KDL-32EX600.

Message was edited by: KDL-32EX600

RIchard-H
New

Just bought a KDL46HX853

Can you get rid of the following annoying features in any future updates

1) Warns you about disconnecting the USB you use to record programs on power up (something about de-registering it before disconnecting)

2) I have a 32gb USB stick.I have recorded 2 programs which only took up 4GB, yet every time I set a recording it warns me space is running out (yet it isn't)