Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
profile.country.fr_CH.title
hb9any
New

When you start a Manual Recording with your KDL46HX853, does the recording continue until you press Stop, or does it quit when the time at which the programme is *supposed* to finish is reached?

My KDL55EX725 quits manual recording automatically, which results in the last few minutes of a programme being lost if it overruns. I can't find an option to stop this happening. Is there one somewhere?

I'm interested in buying a 46" TV for another room, but this "feature" is so inconvenient that I would not consider another KDL set if they are all like that.

Thanks, Bruce

Message was edited by: hb9any

etritd
New

i was watching boxing day premier league on my kdl-32cx520 & following the tweets about the proper match, but that results in squeezing the screen. i was wondering if in the future upgrades can make it  possible getting the tweeter widget with transparent characters, smth like subtitles, without having to squeeze the screen.

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

As I notice allot of users having problem with their home network which from now on seems to be more based on wireless solutions, I would suggest a improved testing application added for quality and performance testing of users connections.

When you connect your Wifi today you only get the signal strength as a quality marker. To test my laptop Wifi connection I use pingtest and speedtest to verify that speed is the same as if I use a cable, i.e my ISP is the limiter.

Since the TV browser doesn't support neither flash nor JAVA I tried a HTML5  test site http://speedof.me/, but no joy. The Sony Opera browser is pretty HTML5 ready, but slow and very memory limited (1990'ish) to process this test. Does anyone have other ideas for testing the TV ethernet connection, other than stream HD content and watch carefully?

parsonspr
Explorer

It would be really useful to be able to rename USB recorded titles. It currently names the programme with the title of the programme that is on when the recording starts (which seems to be the programme before).

Series record for USB guide recording.

More details on what the different error messages mean (ie hdd may not support all the features etc).

profile.country.pl_PL.title
user_from_PL
Visitor

EX725 (and I believe other 2011 models) with DVB-S/S2 suffers a problem with recovering some satelite programs after they have been unintentionally deleted (or used for another program in the past). "New services search" doesn't find it again. The only way is to reset TV to the original state and loose all the program settings.

So with that drawback it is extremally desired to have a functionality of "program list import/export". I know Sony supports it in 2012 models and later. Any chance to have it in EX725?

DC1983
Visitor

I have a hx753.

As a few people have mentioned now, would be great to have the ability to turn off the screen when listening to music through the media menu.

profile.country.es_ES.title
feliam
Visitor

Sony you make me a little sad.

But you could make me super happy if you just add mkv support to your bravia's tv screens.

Please add matroska file format to your player (as found in any other serious player in the whole world).

etritd
New

an optional ringing tone for skype incoming calls would be very useful, so you don't miss them when you aren't watching the TV while it is on. the optional missed call notification appearing on screen (not just on skype menu) would be good, too.

niaparry
Explorer

Party Streaming would be an excellent adition to Bravia TVs (HX853 especially)

I assume this would only require a software update? Can you confirm if this is the case?

profile.country.hr_HR.title
damyr_ZD
Explorer

My model: Sony Bravia KDL-32BX340

1. I would like to see a bit more advanced "forward/rewind" function within video controler.

I mean, is there any chance to incorporate browsing functionality with higher scale steps?

Now the highest speed (3) has about 20-30 seconds steps, and main "joystick" buttons UP and DOWN are unused... It would be perfect if those buttons could be programmed for 5 or even 10 minute steps within one push (UP-forward, DOWN-rewind).

That would be pretty significant improvement... Meaning, it would be less time consuming to locate last watched scene when browsing videos.

2. Any chance to incorporate reminder within EPG interface?

I really miss that option which is, I dare to say, pretty usual in modern DVB-T tools/programs.

3. Now this is probably impossible (and maybe incorporated in more expensive models only)...

Recording to USB function.

Well, I'm just asking...? :dizzy: