Join now - be part of our community!

kd49xf8505bu sound issue after update

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
johhnyhotrocks
Explorer

kd49xf8505bu sound issue after update

Hi, after updating my TV when I power down the soundbar mutes itself and I can only get sound back by unplugging the hdmi and reconnecting it. The sound bar is Panasonic and when I purchased it and connected by arc hdmi everything worked perfectly. This issue has only started after the TV updated. 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
johhnyhotrocks
Explorer

OK, I need to correct my post. After switching on and off a few times it seems to be working fine now. I'm just glad I had left the arc lead plugged in. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hello, the problem is known and they are investigating but it seems to concern only Yamaha devices. Did you reset the TV settings after the update? It could solve.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
mikejs29
New

hi i have the KD-55XE8396 and i'm getting the same thing. has anyone solved this yet?

profile.country.GB.title
johhnyhotrocks
Explorer

I have tried a factory reset and now having lost all my settings I still have a useless soundbar. I am seriously regretting the decision to choose a Sony TV. Why would a company put out an update that ruins peoples equipment. 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

For now it is only possible a workaround, also connect an Optical cable in addition to the HDMI one, the only limit: the Dolby Digital Plus is missing.

Manolo

profile.country.GR.title
panlask

I have the 55XF9005 and ever since after the Oreo update it stopped sending 5.1 DD or DTS signal to the Yamaha processor. Whatever the setting, it shows only 2.0 signal.

It was perfectly ok before. Connected by optical (toshlink), since v2700 has HDMI but does not support ARC.

I wait for customer support update.

Issue might be of similar nature.

If anything is found, I 'll be sure to post

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The problem should not be about the Optical connection, tried a factory reset?

Manolo

profile.country.GR.title
panlask

Several times factory reset.

And clear internal cache.

And DD / DD plus toggle.

And Auto 1 /2 / PCM setting.

Practically, the only thing factory reset did, was to correct the problems the built in Video application has (lags or not play), after selecting external sound system. And after a few times, it happens again. When Kodi plays fine.

profile.country.GR.title
panlask

Local Sony service told me there are identified issues with Oreo and should just wait for new update (patch).

There are among others incompatibilities with Yamaha amplifiers/receivers.

I have seen other major issues that needs to be fixed, like stock video player getting so stuck when setting sound to external sound system, that plain TV has no sound, soft reset gets stuck and you need to pull the plug!

profile.country.GB.title
johhnyhotrocks
Explorer

Well I just did the update and thought great this will be "problem solved" but alas no. The issue is still there........ I will never touch a Sony product again.