Join now - be part of our community!

Connect Laptop to KD-65XE7002

profile.country.GB.title
rgpearce
Explorer

Connect Laptop to KD-65XE7002

Hi all,

Hoping for some help, just bought an KD-65XE7002 and there is no VGA socket on the back to connect the laptop. Is there any way I can connect wired or wrelessly a laptop ? I have looked in Chromecast and an alternative VGA to HDMI lead but neither seem to work for me.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @rgpearce,

it is not just about the cable, but you also have to tell your laptop to output a signal via the VGA-port.

Newer Laptops, which have a HDMI-port will recongnize automatically if they get connected to a screen/TV, yet VGA doesn't have an embedded data-connection like HDMI/DVI.

Therefore you manually have to change the output.

Normally it is a combination of one of the function keys (F1 - F12) and the function button (Fn).

I though don't know what the keyboard layout of your laptop looks like, so an image could help me to point you in the right direction.

- Nic

P.S.: The easiest cable to connect VGA to a modern TV is to use a VGA to Component cable like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000P3NZ68/ - yet again you would need to switch the output manually even with this cable.

profile.country.GB.title
rgpearce
Explorer

Hi Nic,

Many thanks, I will check the laptop output settings. Although the TV is a week old the same can not be said for the laptop and I am currently running windows 7 on it.

I did purchase the following lead but this is not recognised by the HDMI TV setting, again as you suggested it may be due to the output on the laptop.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TOPOP-Adapter-GDTPCL031AB-FRAA1-Converter-Support-New-Version-VGA-HDMI/dp/B...

I will have a look again at the laptop and see if I can change the settings and if not take a photo.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Rob

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @rgpearce,

I have never used such a cable, so I can't tell you if it is a good solution or not.

rgpearce schrieb:

Hi Nic,

I will have a look again at the laptop and see if I can change the settings and if not take a photo.

Sure, take your time :upside_down:

rgpearce schrieb:

Hi Nic,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

You're very welcome.

- Nic