Join now - be part of our community!

Deleting YouTube access from my Sony Bdps-185-Can I, and How?

SOLVED
Legal_Alien
Explorer

Deleting YouTube access from my Sony Bdps-185-Can I, and How?

Want to delete YouTube access from my Sony player, but not BBC iplayer or 5player, just Youtube. Is that possible and how do I do it please? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

No I do not mean blocking certain ports.

Some routers have parental controls within there settings that should allow you to block YouTube.

I tried this on a neighbours Bravia TV we watched a YouTube video then logged into his Router and then blocked YouTube in the Parental settings, Then turned the TV on again, opened Youtube and it gave an error message. Deleted YouTube from the Router settings returned to the TV and we were able to browse YouTube videos again.

The only downside to this is that youtube will be blocked from all devices that connect to the internet via your router.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately it cannot be done - or locked down.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi Legal_Alien, as youtube connects to the internet via your router you should be able to block Youtube in the router settings. The only downside of this is that you will not be able to access youtube on any of your devices that connect to via your router.

Legal_Alien
Explorer

I connect the Sony Player directly to my broadband modem, so how would I block it from the modem? Is that possible? I have no clue where to begin to do that mate. Thanks for both your replies, it is much appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately Im sticking with my first answer on a technical reason - its not possible to do - or at very least, you dont have the required information in order to block it.

I think what nobody-in-particular is getting at, is that you can block the port/s that the YouTube app uses via your routers firewall - however knowing what port/s numbers to block, may be too hard to find out, and may even effect other applications.

The BDP-S185 is a non-wifi bluray player (as far as I can recall) - you would be better off disconnecting the network cable physically - I am assuming that you are trying to block children off the YouTube (or punishment...)

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

No I do not mean blocking certain ports.

Some routers have parental controls within there settings that should allow you to block YouTube.

I tried this on a neighbours Bravia TV we watched a YouTube video then logged into his Router and then blocked YouTube in the Parental settings, Then turned the TV on again, opened Youtube and it gave an error message. Deleted YouTube from the Router settings returned to the TV and we were able to browse YouTube videos again.

The only downside to this is that youtube will be blocked from all devices that connect to the internet via your router.

Legal_Alien
Explorer

:thumbsup: Cheers mate for your help. Thanks to all who replied too!