Join now - be part of our community!

DVD Recorder Problem

DVD Recorder Problem

When playing from the Sony rdr-hxd970 DVD recorder (on a Sony Bravia TV) a text information display occupies the top left corner of the TV screen in white text against a black background.  It did not use to happen but is very obtrusive.  The message is similar to:
"Player 1 (HDD/DVD)
-> ... 5
1080i/50"
See image for more detail.
I am loathe to reset the recorder because I'd lose all that is currently recorded (although I could copy all to DVD discs). How can I remove this message or at least render it less obtrusive?Sony Display Problem.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Resetting the recorder should not delete the HDD contents. The drive is not reformatted during a reset, all previous contents remains untouched.

I have an HXD870 and 'often' factory reset when new channels have needed updating. Its the best way to sort odd issues out I find.

Tbh, I'm not convinced that message is generated by the recorder. On older Sony TV's you used to be able to get the channel number/AV number to remain on screen accidently. A button on the TV remote reverted things back to normal. ? button (as was).

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi changeringerUK,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Have you managed to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Sean Mc