Join now - be part of our community!

HT-Xt3 Wireless Surround and Stereo

hanker_be
Explorer

HT-Xt3 Wireless Surround and Stereo

Dear Sony,

For last several months, I have been unsuccesfully trying to couple my Xt3 soundbar with Zr7 speakers.

I understand there is a firmware limitation on XT3 that prevents this - when are you planning to provide an update resolving this issue?

Best wishes,

Hanker_be

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Hanker_be

Unfortunately Sony do not respond to questions/queries or issues on these forums and its left to other forum members to assist when we can. 

If you require a direct response from Sony, please contract them via:

http://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email

At current, only these devices are capable of wireless surround sound : HERE - I have also not heard anything in regards to adding compatibility to the XT3 either.

Cheers

hanker_be
Explorer

Dear Quinnicus,

Thank you for the information.

I have written directly to Sony using the link you have provided.

I think it's a shame that Sony is choosing not to do this. XT3 still remains the flagship soundbase and for me it is simply unacceptable to have such a trivial feature missing.

Best wishes

tass1966
Explorer

I'm in the same position cannot believe Sony have not released an update as the lower ht xt2 has been updated, I have mine connected with multiroom with 2 Sony hrs hg1's sounds great but need it for movies as well, crazy decision from Sony as it's their flagship soundbase

Xtreemmells
Explorer

You are not alone. I purchased the HT-XT3 and 2 x h.ear go SRS-HG1 wireless speakers in order to use 'Wireless Surround' only to find this is not an option!!!!. Multiroom works OK though.

tass1966
Explorer

It really is annoying that we have no update for wireless surround, multiroom is excellent for music with Google home (cast), need the same for movies and tv, after all it is a soundbase for tv.

hanker_be
Explorer

I know! I have written directly to Sony using the link Qunnicus had provided.

They have informed me that not only this feature is not available now, it is not in the pipeline either.

I had invested significantly in XT3, XT99, ZR7 and heargo. Luckily, I am able to return most of them. I have no option but to switch to a more serious competitor.

Its a shame....

Xtreemmells
Explorer

Unbelievable response from Sony, somewhat complacent!
tass1966
Explorer

It's a ridiculous decision from Sony, to make it available for HT-XT2 which is inferior to the HT-XT3 soundbase, unbelievable really, got your money and don't care.

profile.country.en_GB.title
ibraidwo
New

Am glad that I have found your question, as Sony's Support app may have mislead me...

I added the HT-XT3 to the app as a product and it came up with 2 messages 1) 'Improve the stability of your Soundbar' and 2) 'Support for Sony's Wireless Audio and Multi-room features'. The second message lead me to believe that the XT3 supported surround sound via wireless speakers, however when I delved deeper it only included the XT2 (the 'suppoprted products' table was dated June 2016 but the message was dated August 2016 - making me believe that a firmware update had subsequently occured which meant that the XT3 now had this feature).

I too can't believe that version 3 of a product doesn't incorporate functionality built into version 2 of a product - what an oversight by Sony.

I would have bought 2 x wireless speakers as well - more missed sales for Sony...

Ian