Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDV-E190 & Playstation 4

SOLVED
schotness
Explorer

Sony BDV-E190 & Playstation 4

Hi i have a Sony BDV-E190 hooked up to a Playstation 4 via an optical cable

what are the best audio settings on both systems to get 3d sound on this setup ?

Thanks in advance

Lee

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Optical supports 5.1 output - however its a mute point because I would send it via bitstream and let the E190 do the audio processing. 

In regards to sound effects - im not a fan of them personally, simulated effects and all.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Once you plug the optical cable from the PS4, and changed the audio settings to output via optical, there are very little settings.  Sound is subjective too - meaning whats good for one, can be different to another.  On the E190, you can experiment with "Sound Mode" and "Sound Effects"

Cheers

schotness
Explorer

well there is lots of different sound options on both

on the PS4

Audio Format (Priority)

there is LPCM which i know is only stereo through optical

Dolby Digital (bitstream)

DTS (Bitstream)

& on the BDV-E190

[Sound Effect]

You can set the system’s sound effects (SOUND MODE setting more ) on/off.

For a 2-channel source, you can select [Dolby Pro Logic], [DTS Neo:6 Cinema], or [DTS Neo:6 Music] to simulate surround sound.

[Sound Mode On] : Enables the surround effectof the sound mode more . The sampling frequency upper limit is set to 48 kHz.

[Dolby Pro Logic]: The system simulates surround sound from 2-channel sources and outputs sound from all the 5.1 channel speakers (Dolby Pro Logic decoding) .

[DTS Neo:6 Cinema]/[DTS Neo:6 Music]: The system simulates surround sound from 2-channel sources and produces 6.1 channel sound (DTS Neo:6 Cinema/DTS Neo:6 Music mode decoding) .

[Off]: The sound effects are disabled. You can hear sound as it is recorded.

So being a newbie to all these sound settings i'm not so sure what to use

Anonymous
Not applicable

Optical supports 5.1 output - however its a mute point because I would send it via bitstream and let the E190 do the audio processing. 

In regards to sound effects - im not a fan of them personally, simulated effects and all.

schotness
Explorer

well at the moment i got dolby digital set on the PS4

& on the BDVE190 sound effects set to off, so it plays the audio as it recieves it, i'm guessing.....

But i'm only guessing really

Anonymous
Not applicable
schotness
Explorer

Thanks for all the help