Join now - be part of our community!

1 year & 7 days old Vaio F series (VGN-FW51ZF/H) laptop hangs on startup repair

profile.country.en_GB.title
M1reille
Visitor

1 year & 7 days old Vaio F series (VGN-FW51ZF/H) laptop hangs on startup repair

This time after it finished updating. I turned it on and it worked for a few minutes but then it shut down without warning. Went to a black screen and then it restarted. The options I was given on start up were (start windows normally & run a startup repair (recommended.)). I did a startup repair (The last time I did this, I managed to fix it on the same day within a few hours), this time it's not working....

Ok, the laptop came with windows 7 already installed on it. It never came with any CDs or anything like that (I've noticed that people tend to refer to a CD, I don't have one and the laptop never came with one.) Within the first 3 months of using the laptop, it crashed after an update with one of those blue screens and then restarted itself and everything was fine. It crashed again 2 months later after that but again everything was fine. It happened again 2 months after that and then it happened again and at that time it couldn't find my default profile on the system and I had to boot in safe mode and try to find the update that caused the crash, but I didn't find it. So I restarted the laptop again and it finally let me sign in to my normal profile account. I never found out why it crashed. And then after that it crashed again about 2 times before this final crash that happened without the blue screen. It happened after an update again and it won't let me boot windows as normal. On two of the other previous crashes, it crashed without having installed any updates. Anyhow, now I can only select run startup repair. I did a startup repair on thursday morning and it was running for 5 hours before I shut the computer down and restarted it again, and left it to run and it kept on repairing for the rest of thursday and friday. It's saturday and I restarted it again in the morning and left it on until 6:30 PM and nothing happened and then I restarted it again and this time noticed that a command prompt screen came up but I couldn't type into it to try and type in (sfc /scannow). After 30-40 mins the command prompt closed and a message saying "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." appears under "Attempting repairs...". Whenever it gets to this part it stays like that forever and nothing ever happens. It's now been like that for over 6 hour since I restarted it again.

basic laptop info:

-  wins 7 home premium 64 bit

- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (CPU)

- 2.8GHZ CPU Speed

- 8GB Memory size (DDR2)

- 500 GB Hard Drive

- 1 GB Graphic Memory

- ATI Mobility Radeon HD Graphics chipset

I'm including the basic infos because I was wondering if the size of my Hard Drive and Memory might have anything to do with why it is taking so long to finish the repair. But then again, I've done a startup repair before and it was able to fix the problem in about half a day. I didn't mind it taking half a day...but now it took a day and a half and I'm really annoyed with it. I miss my laptop T_T It's now gone 4 days without it. It's still fairly new damn it. It crashes like this just 6 days after the year warranty on it runs out and I decided not to reknew it damn it!!!.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! I HOPE THERE'S A SOLUTION TO THIS!!! T_T, I'm currently using my HP G5000 laptop that is 4 years old and running with vista. It no longer recognises date and time. After updating the time and date on it, it keeps it up for a few minutes but then slows down and eventually freezes after. I don't wanna be stuck with this one. I'm an animation student and I need my new laptop because I can use audesk softwares and adobe softwares on it at the same time without it hanging and slowing down. >_< This one is now too old because it slows down from time to time and the fan on it is soooo loud.

I paid £1,300+ for the Vaio laptop around the end of 2009. I don't wanna have to get another one :slight_frown: . I might end up paying more than I would pay for a new laptop if I have to send it in for repairs T_T.

P.S. I purchased the laptop online from PC World!

Message was edited by: M1reille

0 REPLIES 0