Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO S Battery icon

profile.country.sv_SE.title
stoneedge
Visitor

VAIO S Battery icon

Hello,

I have a VAIO SE (15.5") laptop, I have notoced that my battery icon gets ared cross when the battery is fully charged. If I pull the power the battery icon changes to a full battery icon, When I put the power back the icon changes to a "charging" battery with power plug icon. After a while when battery i fully charged again the icon turns to an empty battery with a red cross and a power cord.

This is the second laptop (had it replaced due to keybord) that behaiv the same, strating to think that it has with the lates BIOS update (R2084H4).

Anyone else seen this behaivour?

Thanks in advanced

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.ru_RU.title
izvarin
Visitor

It's a common issue I believe.

Sony Support wasn't of much help.

I'm still looking for a way to revert the pc to the old BIOS version.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/621518-vaio-sa390x-battery-not-present.html#post8071738

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mikew1945
Visitor

Hi

I have a new Vaio SA (VPCSA3C5E). It has BIOS R2084H4 and is showing the same battery indicator fault (Vaio Care software shows the battery not to be faulty). Unfortunately, I have had no success as yet in finding out when a new BIOS will be issued for this particular laptop. I note that BIOS R2085H4 has been issued for quite a number of SA / SA / SE laptops but not my particular version. Vaio support has been disappointing as they do not seem to be aware of this particular fault. It is irritating because it seems to make the additional sheet battery rather pointless. Does anyone know when the updated BIOS will be available to all laptops that have this problem BIOS?