Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio update not updating

profile.country.en_GB.title
jugaugh
Visitor

Vaio update not updating

I am using Vaio Update version 5.4.1.04200. Upon checking for updates it come up with the following message...

A new version of VAIO Update is available. VAIO Update cannot be used unless it is updated. Update now?

I click yes, then the icon in the system tray shows it is downloading the update but then after around 1 minute it stops and nothing happens. So, until this is fixed i cannot use VAIO Update.

Any solutions or a direct download link to download the latest version?

If it makes difference my model number is VGN-AW41MF

Thanks.

95 REPLIES 95
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

thread.escalate.auto.reply.message.text

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi jugaugh,

I have escalated this to support as I can confirm that you are not the only member with this problem.

Rich

EDIT:

In the meantime you can manually download any updates you need from here:

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?m=VGN-AW41MF_H&l=en_GB

Don’t bother with the Vaio Update update as it will make no difference – I have tried....

Message was edited by: rich912

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
@2351314300016636
Visitor

i have the same problem with vaio update on my vgn-aw31m

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Thanks for the confirmation that other members have the same problem.

No response from Support as yet....

Rich.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MsMalfie
Visitor

I had the same problem, but on my second attempt the download completed but took a whole hour and a half. And then after all of that it failed to install. I tried again today but still no luck with the install. It said something about a problem could be caused by McAfee Security Center, but I uninstalled McAfee Security Center months ago. I just don't know what to do now :slight_frown: I've now disabled VAIO Update. And now I have the files from this massive uninstallable download on my laptop. Is it safe to delete the files from C:\Update ?

Message was edited by: MsMalfie

Message was edited by: MsMalfie

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

At some point over the last 12 hours Vaio Update has successfully downloaded and installed. Current version is 5.5.1.09220 – tested and working.

If any of the respondents in this thread are still having problems please let us know.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Robert.Lee.Jones
Visitor

I am having the same problem.  After getting the "A new version of VAIO Update is available." message, I get the following message after about 10 seconds:

"Installation cannot be continued.  Check system settings such as Anti-Virus software settings, and run the installer again."

I then disabled the McAfee Virus Checker both within the software and via System Configuration.  Nothing worked.

Vaio Update version 5.4.1.04200 was installed on my computer 18 June 2011, but that listed in the Sony website for a VPCW217AG computer is version 5.1.1.04150 dated 26 May 2010.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Robert,

The version available as an update on the support site is certainly confusing, but checking details of the update (5.5.1.09220) that did successfully install on my machine at 8:06am on 08/10/2011 it states that this is only available for automatic update.

I didn’t make any changes to my system so assume that the problem has nothing to do with anti-virus.

Unfortunately, as we are in the weekend, it is unlikely that a response from support will be forthcoming until the beginning/middle of next week.

Hopefully, over the next couple of days, it will successfully update.

Can anyone else confirm that Vaio Update has successfully auto installed?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.ro_RO.title
gastoic25
Visitor

hy some problem with me after i fix my windows again and i fix for 5 times in one day because i think :wink: is my recovery cd something wrong and after many "h" tryng witg vaio update it is instal in one time the version 5.5.1.... but again.... i cannot download the update`s from the vaio update from many programs... and really i`m tierd to download al the programs manual.... what i must to do ???? any advice ????